Pages:
Actions
  • #101 by Antilife on 25 Apr 2017
  • Teglia Romana and Classic Teglia(focaccia Style with levitation in pan).
    Romana:
    90% Nobilgrano 0/1R Verde
    10%Semolin
    80% Hydros
    0,7% Fresh Yeast
    2% Evo
    2,5% Salt
    40h(36CF+4RT)
    Classic Teglia:
    75% Spadoni Pulcinella
    25% Denti InFibra W300a
    70% hydro
    1% Fresh Yeast
    3% Lard
    3% Salt
    30h (15 minutes Bulk Mass, 1h Rest, in pan and after 24hCF, 5h RT).
    More photos at: http://www.pizza-root.com/2017/04/25/mare-e-pizza/
  • #102 by Antilife on 22 May 2017
  • Impasto1:
    60% Denti 002
    30% infibra MixW340
    90% hydros
    0,8% fresh yeast
    2%Evo
    2,5% Salt
    48h(45CF+3RT)

Impasto 2:
    90% 0R Verde
    10% Semolina Agugiaro
    80% hydros
    0.7% fresh yeast
    2% Evo
    2.5% Salt
    42h(38CF+4RT)

More photos and toppings at:

http://www.0059.it/2017/05/22/prove-di-toppings/
  • #103 by hotsawce on 26 May 2017
  • Tying to make a 87% percent double hydrated dough right now and this is NOT easy in a kitchen aid. I got a smooth and not sticky dough at 70% on the first mix...tried to not let the dough break on the second mix but it looks like batter right now. Letting it rest and will go at it again and hopefully I can get some more gluten development
  • #104 by hotsawce on 27 May 2017
  • For anyone making at home, this is a nice visual guide here for the double hydration.

I don't speak italian but it's pretty self explanatory and you can see what the dough should look like at different stages. I'd recommend using the paddle instead of the hook as he is in the video
  • #105 by Antilife on 27 May 2017
  • I always used this old video of Mirko Rizzo 

In my own opininon that hydros is useless because:
    1) Planetary don't give enough strength to dough
    2) more hydros don't means more structure.....
    3) In Roman Pizzeria standard hydros is 75%.

Reach high level of hydros is only a challange with yourself....
  • #106 by hotsawce on 27 May 2017
  • There certainly seem to be limitations with planetary mixers. I'm going to try a paddle attachment in the future. But so far...two attempts and unusable dough. I had been gravitating towards really letting the mixer rip and mix fast, so it's nice to see that confirmed by the two videos.
  • #107 by hotsawce on 28 May 2017
  • Question:

How do you get this dough to not bake and adhere directly to the pan with this kind of a hydration? Is there a trick to it?

Bonci uses no fat in the pan. Most al Taglio seems to use an un-oiled pan. My dough was half decent but it glued itself to the pan during the bake, which is unfortunate.
  • #108 by Antilife on 28 May 2017
  • Question:

How do you get this dough to not bake and adhere directly to the pan with this kind of a hydration? Is there a trick to it?

Bonci uses no fat in the pan. Most al Taglio seems to use an un-oiled pan. My dough was half decent but it glued itself to the pan during the bake, which is unfortunate.
    You can find a lot of video of Pino Arletto about stretching in pan (after leaving in balls). Always oil in pan
  • #109 by hotsawce on 28 May 2017
  • Bonci does not use oil

You can find a lot of video of Pino Arletto about stretching in pan (after leaving in balls). Always oil in pan
  • #110 by Antilife on 28 May 2017
  • Ok 😂😂😂😂 you are right. Bake in pan without oil
  • #111 by hotsawce on 28 May 2017
  • You don't have to be a jerk  ::)

If you don't have valuable input someone will. Bonci doesn't use oil in the pan with his 90% hydration dough. It's a fact. Oil changes the texture of the finished product. That's a fact.

Ok 😂😂😂😂 you are right. Bake in pan without oil
  • #112 by parallei on 28 May 2017
  • #113 by hotsawce on 28 May 2017
  • I'm well aware. Oil is not used for pans in his bakery.

Oil leads to a significantly different bottom crust texture.

His book, albeit for home bakers like myself, says to use an oiled pan.
  • #114 by parallei on 28 May 2017
  • I'm well aware. Oil is not used for pans in his bakery.

Oil leads to a significantly different bottom crust texture.

O.K. then, I deleted my post!
  • #115 by Antilife on 29 May 2017
  • This is Bonci. Check the pan......he say that don'use oil in pizzarium but I know and work with many people who have worked with Bonci(Jacopo Mercuro e Luca Pezzetta).... Pizzarium use two kind of pans, bake on blu iron pans (with oil) and after bake they use steel pans to show to customer ..... This for HACCP and hygene reasons
  • #116 by Matthew on 29 May 2017
  • You don't have to be a jerk  ::)

If you don't have valuable input someone will. Bonci doesn't use oil in the pan with his 90% hydration dough. It's a fact. Oil changes the texture of the finished product. That's a fact.

Lou,
    I have adapted the same method as Bonci with great success and never any issues.  The semola (on both sides) during pre-shaping and well seasoned blue steel pans are key. As a general rule of thumb, if the dough sticks to your hands it will stick to the pan when no oil is used.  You are bang on that adding oil to the pan totally changes the undercarriage.  I personally never use any oil.  It can be noted though that many pizza makers brush a tiny bit of oil around the perimeter of the pan as it helps hold the dough in place.

Matt
  • #117 by Antilife on 29 May 2017
  • Teglia Romana Course Level advanced:
    Jacoopo Mercuro , Me and Special Guest: Andrea Boscolo
    Dough1:
    10% Semolina Durum
    90% Dallagiovanna 0/1R Verde
    75%Hydros
    0,7% Fresh Yeast
    2 % Evo
    2.5% Salt

Dough2:
    10% Semolina Durum
    10% Spelled
    20% Denti Infibra Mix W340
    60% Denti 002
    75% Hydros
    0,8% Fresh Yeast
    2% Evo
    2.5% Salt

More photos at: http://www.0059.it/2017/05/28/corso-teglia-romana/
  • #118 by hotsawce on 02 Jun 2017
  • Bonci recommends oil for his class and book; it's for the home cook. It's stripped down to be easy.

He does NOT use oil in his pans in the restaurant. That's a fact. He's said it in numerous interviews. If you want more evidence of that, watch the Lucky Peach video. No oil.

This is Bonci. Check the pan......he say that don'use oil in pizzarium but I know and work with many people who have worked with Bonci(Jacopo Mercuro e Luca Pezzetta).... Pizzarium use two kind of pans, bake on blu iron pans (with oil) and after bake they use steel pans to show to customer ..... This for HACCP and hygene reasons
  • #119 by Antilife on 02 Jun 2017
  • Yes hotsawce. I ask to Luca Pezzetta (first pizzaiolo of Bonci) and he confirm this info
  • #120 by Antilife on 05 Jun 2017
Pages:
Actions