A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Marcello's, Bordentown NJ  (Read 295 times)

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
Marcello's, Bordentown NJ
« on: May 08, 2017, 11:51:56 AM »
About 6 or 8 months ago, I'd had a really good slice of pizza at a street fair in Bordentown. Now, ordinarily, I wouldn't get pizza at an event like that because I'm usually disappointed. Better to have some barbecue or well, anything else  at all really. But the pies looked very good, and the slice was terrific.

After Andrew Bellucci mentioned here how much he enjoyed the coal oven pies there, I decided to head back down last night.

Definitely a delicious pie! And when I called and told them how much I was looking forward to trying their pie, manager Jim told me to come by and say hello. Wanting to get a good spectrum, we had the pie split, half clam and half "Brooklyn Tomato Pie " Service was very friendly and efficient. We really enjoyed both slices , foldable,  a bit of crisp to the rims, just the right amount of char, very good balance of sauce, cheese and clams. Tomatoes on the Brooklyn half were chunky and fresh-tasting.

After dinner, Jim took us back to the kitchen to meet pizzaiolo Charles. Both guys were very passionate and committed to quality pizzamaking. Charles told me he's using Caputo Americana, and keeping the oven temp at approximately 658 and going for a 5 minute bake

Overall, great pizza, warm welcome. This is a keeper!

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
Re: Marcello's, Bordentown NJ
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 12:21:28 PM »
 it sure looks good.

Offline Andrew Bellucci

• AndrewBellucci.com
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 03:27:01 PM »
I'm glad you enjoyed it! I was so happy to see a Woodstone oven in action. Great results coming from that oven. Jim is a great front house guy and Chuck makes a great pie. I had the pleasure of dining with them a couple of months ago at a place Jim uaed to be a partner in. 650 is my new sweet spot., going for a 6 minute bake. Everyone has their style.
Pie Man
201 OG

"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six." - Yogi Berra

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 05:45:08 PM »
Thanks Andrew...they both mentioned you and said it was great talking with you!