A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: It's a throw down!  (Read 371 times)

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
It's a throw down!
« on: May 11, 2017, 03:15:34 PM »
 The best OKC pizza vs The best from T-Town. It's being held at Fuel 66 Food Truck Park. The park also features live music and has a full bar. I already know that Andolini's serves a great pie. I have heard great things about OKC's The Saucee Sicilian, their's will be the first I try. This ought to be fun. I don't care who wins, just looking forward to some great slices. There will be three judges that will be discussing pizza. There will be a crowd favorite vote also. Added benefit, there will be all sorts eats from the other food trucks. :drool:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:17:05 PM by nick57 »

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
Re: It's a throw down!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 02:25:15 PM »
  Just got back from the throw down. Since I have had Andolini's  margherita several times, I went with The Saucey Scillian  margherita. They were not selling slices, just 10 inch pies for $9. The pie was good. Don't know what spices they used in the red sauce, but I really, really, liked the flavor. There were just a few people standing in line. By the time I finished the pie they were starting to fill up. If I had to chose who makes the best pizza, it would be hard. I liked The Saucey Scillian's red sauce better than Andolini's. Andolini's has a softer crust They are both good pizzas. For me it's a toss up. Though thinking about it, The Saucey Scillian's sauce is so good, I would give them a slight edge. Maybe they will post the winner, if so, I'll post it.

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »
They have not posted who won the throw down yet. Here is a video for Andolini's truck.

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 06:45:28 PM »
Almost a week later after people had been complaining about who won, they announced that local Andolini's was the favorite. I think they both make good pies. We have our fair share pizza places in the state, but they are the only two that make true Neapolitan Style. Hmm... That's kind of a sad statement.