A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: any tips on converting a some 1000's and y600 to propane  (Read 477 times)

Offline Pizzaneophyte

• Good pizza takes time
any tips on converting a some 1000's and y600 to propane
« on: May 18, 2017, 05:49:42 PM »
I got a great deal on a stack of bakers pride y600 and a set of blodgett 1000's. Only problem I dont have access to natural gas. Does anyone know how to convert these to propane?

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Re: any tips on converting a some 1000's and y600 to propane
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 06:49:17 PM »
I would call the manufacturer for recommended fittings. "Usually" a fairly simple fix, not always.......
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 02:07:21 PM »
I ate a lot of hummus this morning.  I've got plenty of natural gas and I'm willing to share.

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 02:32:58 PM »
we use Blodgett `100's in our pizzeria and they have a natural gas regulator on them.  I know they sell them for propane as well.  Check partstown.com.  Walter
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 03:29:33 PM »
I ate a lot of hummus this morning.  I've got plenty of natural gas and I'm willing to share.

Anddddd, from your wine and morels...... :-D
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline dflip

• Can't rush the pizza.
    • D'Amico's Pizza House.  Coming Soon!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 10:19:12 AM »
Just got this motha converted...it is a 1048.  I have attached the receipt of parts, but it depends on when it was manufactured.   You can call the Blodgett parts dept and they will help you based on model and when it was manufactured.  You can google and buy em online.  Most of the pricing at various places is consistent. 

D

Offline Pizzaneophyte

• Good pizza takes time
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 02:27:32 PM »
thanks for the advice. I got some parts ordered. hopefully these ovens fire up after I convert them.

Anyone know how long a 5 gallon propane tank will last? Do I need to get a bigger tank?

Offline souspizzaiolo

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 03:22:26 PM »
I just did this to a set of Blodgett 1000s. Fairly straightforward. We needed a regulator on the tank as well. Pressure was too high coming off.
All in all it works fine though! Takes about 2 hours to get up to 550ish. Not sure how much gas that requires tho. Got a 100lb tank and there is still plenty of gas in there after bringing it up to heat. I would def suggest a bigger tank!