A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20
Home Ovens / Re: Bertello Pizza Oven...With Lots of Accessories...$269 on QVC
« Last post by pizza-in on November 24, 2021, 09:31:20 AM »
Vito's 1st pizza out of it looks absolutely killer, my 1st pizza in my Roccbox was a diaster that had to be tossed lol, but Vito's a super super expert. This is basically the price of the Roccbox I got last month, and it comes out the box ready to use wood too. Which would have cost me an additional $100. I don't know how it compares to the Roccbox, but the price + how his pizza came out? I would be all over this if I hadn't just bought the Roccbox.  Also QVC lets you to 5 payments with no interest, which is nice if you don't have $270 to spend.

Well, if you got a Roccbox for $$270, that is a nice buy. I do not own a Rpccbox. However, by most accounts it is an excellent oven.
Pizza Ovens / Re: Cracks in my new subito cotto 60
« Last post by ilya_n on November 24, 2021, 09:07:55 AM »
It's almost certainly nothing to worry about.

Post a couple pictures.

Craig the OP posted a picture on my another thread here: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=71893.msg689082#msg689082

That crack on the left through the dome is probably something I would be concerned about. Seems like all they way through no?
Pizza Ovens / Re: Cracks in my new subito cotto 60
« Last post by TXCraig1 on November 24, 2021, 08:44:57 AM »
It's almost certainly nothing to worry about.

Post a couple pictures.
Newbie Topics / Re: Percentage of sugar for 72 hour cold fermentation?
« Last post by prizna on November 24, 2021, 08:38:38 AM »
Nope, it does not. This is a 72 hour I did about a week ago. Flour, water, salt and yeast only.

Very nice, it definitely doesn't need sugar then

If you don't mind me asking, what percentage of water, salt and yeast (and type of yeast) did you use?
« Last post by HansB on November 24, 2021, 07:59:28 AM »
Thanks, I was just thinking that with 2 tsps of salt that the yeast may need a little sugar to help it out a bit since its a long fermentation.

Nope, it does not. This is a 72 hour I did about a week ago. Flour, water, salt and yeast only.
« Last post by prizna on November 24, 2021, 07:01:29 AM »
Some use 2%, that would be 10g. But you really don't need any at all.

Thanks, I was just thinking that with 2 tsps of salt that the yeast may need a little sugar to help it out a bit since its a long fermentation.
Home Ovens / Re: New Ooni Karu 16 - One Question from Users
« Last post by Rainier42 on November 24, 2021, 06:29:11 AM »
Try using rice flour instead of semolina.  Rice flour burns less than semolina.
Neapolitan Style / Re: Question with poolish and pizzApp calculations...
« Last post by photosvein on November 24, 2021, 06:23:26 AM »
Hello :)
You may have found the answer to this by now, but just in case you have not or others see this:

The amount of poolish can be up to 50% in pizzapp.
The poolish ferment time is NOT part of the RT/CT calculations, it has its own set time.
If you look in t he glossary in the app, poolish is supposed to be fermenting in RT only for 12-24 hours at 18C
For it to be able to stay between 13-24hours, you need a flour with a strength of W300 or more.
hello :)
yes, the RT time is total RT time, so if you rest the doughballs after fridge for say 3 hours, that goes off your RT setting
Also what kind of flour are you using?
You sure it can handle that long time?
New York Style / First try on NY-Style
« Last post by photosvein on November 24, 2021, 06:13:19 AM »
Hello :)
So Im trying on NY-style for the first time, following this respire:

I did not use sugar in the dough as Im using Caputo Americana that has as far I know malt in it, and that should do the same work as the sugar when it comes to browning the crust.
Picture is of the dough before I put it to ferment for 2-3hours in room temp around 22C
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20
wordpress