A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Newbie Topics / Re: Percentage of sugar for 72 hour cold fermentation?
« Last post by prizna on November 24, 2021, 07:01:29 AM »
Some use 2%, that would be 10g. But you really don't need any at all.

Thanks, I was just thinking that with 2 tsps of salt that the yeast may need a little sugar to help it out a bit since its a long fermentation.
Home Ovens / Re: New Ooni Karu 16 - One Question from Users
« Last post by Rainier42 on November 24, 2021, 06:29:11 AM »
Try using rice flour instead of semolina.  Rice flour burns less than semolina.
Neapolitan Style / Re: Question with poolish and pizzApp calculations...
« Last post by photosvein on November 24, 2021, 06:23:26 AM »
Hello :)
You may have found the answer to this by now, but just in case you have not or others see this:

The amount of poolish can be up to 50% in pizzapp.
The poolish ferment time is NOT part of the RT/CT calculations, it has its own set time.
If you look in t he glossary in the app, poolish is supposed to be fermenting in RT only for 12-24 hours at 18C
For it to be able to stay between 13-24hours, you need a flour with a strength of W300 or more.
hello :)
yes, the RT time is total RT time, so if you rest the doughballs after fridge for say 3 hours, that goes off your RT setting
Also what kind of flour are you using?
You sure it can handle that long time?
New York Style / First try on NY-Style
« Last post by photosvein on November 24, 2021, 06:13:19 AM »
Hello :)
So Im trying on NY-style for the first time, following this respire:

I did not use sugar in the dough as Im using Caputo Americana that has as far I know malt in it, and that should do the same work as the sugar when it comes to browning the crust.
Picture is of the dough before I put it to ferment for 2-3hours in room temp around 22C
Shop Talk / Pizza for lunch
« Last post by Oskar.montano on November 24, 2021, 05:32:49 AM »
Hello.

I run a Slice shop in Stockholm. We Are really succesful during weekends and nights but the lunch service could be better during week days. We have a central position With lot of foot trafic. Was thinkin of servilt sandwiches because People tend to think pizza of something for the weekends. Any rhoughts?
Chicago Style / Re: Malnatis Deep Dish Sauce Series
« Last post by Plymaniac on November 24, 2021, 02:48:07 AM »
I think the Chicago Deep Dish tomato component is completely different from traditional Chicago Thins.

Instead of a tomato sauce that I might use as a base to make a Chicago Thin pizza sauce, for my deep dish I just use 1 or 2 quarts  of home grown tomatoes that I've canned.  I drain them in strainer for an hour or so and then just hand crush the solids on top of the Italian sausage layer. I think the natural acids of the tomatoes give a fresh taste and complement the fat from the cheese and sausage very well.  Of course the pizza is finished with basil, oregano and a ton of garlic.

It's a simple approach and really works.  And if you don't have home grown canned tomatoes, a commercially canned whole tomato product should substitute nicely.

By the way, save the reserved tomato juice for Mexican Rice!
Pizza Ovens / Re: Cracks in my new subito cotto 60
« Last post by dinuch on November 24, 2021, 01:47:03 AM »
Yes. Sent an email. Waiting for response
Home Ovens / Re: Bertello Pizza Oven...With Lots of Accessories...$269 on QVC
« Last post by Pizza_Not_War on November 24, 2021, 12:31:42 AM »
Vito is a pitchman, his reviews are meaningless imo.
Home Ovens / Re: Bertello Pizza Oven...With Lots of Accessories...$269 on QVC
« Last post by Quebert on November 23, 2021, 11:12:14 PM »
Vito's 1st pizza out of it looks absolutely killer, my 1st pizza in my Roccbox was a diaster that had to be tossed lol, but Vito's a super super expert. This is basically the price of the Roccbox I got last month, and it comes out the box ready to use wood too. Which would have cost me an additional $100. I don't know how it compares to the Roccbox, but the price + how his pizza came out? I would be all over this if I hadn't just bought the Roccbox.  Also QVC lets you to 5 payments with no interest, which is nice if you don't have $270 to spend.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
wordpress