A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update  (Read 1660390 times)

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Reply #19300 on: October 23, 2021, 08:04:42 PM »
Pizza party with our neighbor.  Cosacca Neapolitan pizza and a couple of Camarillo Bar Pies (sausage/giardiniera and pepperoni/green olives/garlic).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 08:06:15 PM by jsaras »
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline norcoscia

• I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #19301 on: October 23, 2021, 08:22:31 PM »
Pizza party with our neighbor.  Cosacca Neapolitan pizza and a couple of Camarillo Bar Pies (sausage/giardiniera and pepperoni/green olives/garlic).

Literally picture perfect - way to knock it out of the park!!!!!
Norm
Baker's Pride GP-61 NG and PizzaParty Ardore (with saputo tiles) LP
Focus is NY style but do others too
Preferred Flour (for NY pies) is All Trumps BB
Preferred temperature for NY is 550F, for NP 900+F
Preferred type of yeast IDY

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19302 on: October 23, 2021, 08:31:56 PM »
Literally picture perfect - way to knock it out of the park!!!!!

Thanks Norm!  I always forget how much work these things are.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #19303 on: October 23, 2021, 08:36:47 PM »
Jonas,

The pizzas are beautiful. I assume that they went over well with your neighbors.

Peter

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19304 on: October 23, 2021, 08:42:52 PM »
Hi Peter,

It was well received by the kids and the adults.  The Cosacca was perhaps the best version of that pizza that I've made to date because I finally got a fantastic imported pecorino from a cheese shop in Solvang.   I forgot to put the tomato sauce on the pepperoni pizza until four minutes into the bake, but the pizza didn't seem to suffer for it. 

Offline nickyr

« Reply #19305 on: October 23, 2021, 09:39:09 PM »
Kale, Calabrian chiles, kalamata olives, honey.

5% sourdough, 21 hours at room temp. Ended up being a bit warmer than expected  and it was very overproofed. The resulting sour flavor was quite tasty though.

Offline RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19306 on: October 23, 2021, 11:08:45 PM »
Looks like lots of effort went into those pies. And I see you're sticking with the Mutti tomatoes. Nice job.
If we're not questioning the reason for our existence, then what the hell are we doing here?!

Offline jeff v

• Supporting Member
  • I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
« Reply #19307 on: October 24, 2021, 10:48:54 AM »

I wish I was your neighbor. I'd bring good wine.

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19308 on: October 24, 2021, 02:33:49 PM »
Tonda Romana, so good

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #19309 on: October 24, 2021, 08:07:55 PM »
Friends on the NY board saw me finally bake my first 18" pie a couple weeks ago. Here is round 2.
Matt

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #19310 on: October 24, 2021, 08:11:19 PM »
Friends on the NY board saw me finally bake my first 18" pie a couple weeks ago. Here is round 2.

Nice!
Instagram @hans_michigan

Offline kori

• Supporting Member
  • Let's make pizza today!
« Reply #19311 on: October 24, 2021, 08:12:57 PM »
Another 18" NY thick? 3 cheese blend of mozzarella, monterey jack & white chedder, pepperoni, mushrooms and homemade sausage which is a recipe I got from the forum. I didn't know til recently that we had a page with a bunch of sausage recipe's under chicago style, never wandered over.

I've lowered my hydration from 65 to 61.6%, found the dough is easier to work with. Used TXCRAIG1's yeast prediction chart which resulted in lowering my yeast quatity, worked for me! Three day CF, out of the fridge around  1 1/2 - 2hrs before cooking.

I'm pretty happy with the results I'm getting, crust and underneath seems to brown nicely. I don't use a stone or steel, 535F on a screen middle position in the oven. My last few cooks I've turned the broiler on high for about 1 minute then back off before putting the pizza in, seems to be working pretty good.
I SMILE AND WAVE....

Offline norcoscia

• I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #19312 on: October 24, 2021, 08:14:22 PM »

Love the melt on that one - totally NY - nice work Matt!!!!
Norm

Offline norcoscia

• I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #19313 on: October 24, 2021, 08:16:09 PM »
Another 18" NY thick? 3 cheese blend of mozzarella, monterey jack & white chedder, pepperoni, mushrooms and homemade sausage which is a recipe I got from the forum. I didn't know til recently that we had a page with a bunch of sausage recipe's under chicago style, never wandered over.

I've lowered my hydration from 65 to 61.6%, found the dough is easier to work with. Used TXCRAIG1's yeast prediction chart which resulted in lowering my yeast quatity, worked for me! Three day CF, out of the fridge around  1 1/2 - 2hrs before cooking.

I'm pretty happy with the results I'm getting, crust and underneath seems to brown nicely. I don't use a stone or steel, 535F on a screen middle position in the oven. My last few cooks I've turned the broiler on high for about 1 minute then back off before putting the pizza in, seems to be working pretty good.

Wow - everyone is batting a 1000 today - bet it tasted great.
Norm

Offline kori

• Supporting Member
  • Let's make pizza today!
« Reply #19314 on: October 24, 2021, 08:24:14 PM »
Wow - everyone is batting a 1000 today - bet it tasted great.

Thanks. First time using Valoroso tomatoes, very good!
I SMILE AND WAVE....

Offline aSliceofHeaven

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19315 on: October 26, 2021, 11:54:16 PM »
This weekend's experiment..  I was trying a dough recipe that involved using a biga..  The final dough hydration was 66%..  I made a fresh basil/mozz (left), a NYC style (middle), and for lack of a better name on the (right) a "Swirl top"... "Jersey Shore"...  "Grotto'esque"..  LOL..  The pizza on the right which is my favorite style has a sweeter sauce and Land O'lakes mild cheddar..

Do you mind sharing the recipe for the sweet sauce?

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #19316 on: October 27, 2021, 08:04:04 PM »
GF DS for her and a thin for me.

Instagram @hans_michigan

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #19317 on: October 29, 2021, 10:02:41 PM »
Made pizza with beer for first time.  Did it not for taste but heard it makes a good crust. Heard it makes a crispy inside but soft inside crust.  I personally don't like beer and was hoping the beer taste doesn't translate into the crust.  I used Budweiser and did 50% Beer and 50% Water.  I read some people use 100% Beer, some 60% Beer to 40% Water, some 30% Beer to 70% Water.  I went with 50%/50% to see how it goes.  Thought that is a good start, any more than 50% I was afraid of too much beer taste. 

Well, it actually had great texture.  The rim was crispy but soft inside.   The pizza itself was a bit floppy but the reheats were awesome. The pizza was firm in reheat.

Used Gold Metal Bleached Superlative flour.   

A member here and I have been emailing each other about pizza because he is local to me.  Maybe 10 miles from me.  He told me that some beer is made with high fructose corn syrup which he doesn't want in his pizza and I don't either.  So I checked the ingredients and Bud doesn't use it so I was lucky. 

The taste did have a beer taste and that is what I am not crazy about but it was faint so it was okay.  I need to do another with the same formulation but with 100% water and compare the results. 

The last picture is the reheat.

The cheese was Bella Rosano LMWM. 

Baked on Little Black Egg about 625 Degrees F air temp and maybe stone about the same.

Sauce was Tomato Magic and pretty much the sauce formula from the Pizzeria Luigi thread that Essen came up with I started about 10 years ago.

17 inch pie.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 11:15:01 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19318 on: October 29, 2021, 10:16:40 PM »
  He told me that some beer is made with high fructose corn syrup which he doesn't want in his pizza and I don't either.  So I checked the ingredients and Bud doesn't use it so I was lucky. 

I have never in my life heard of any beer made with HFCS, and I've tried probably at least 200 different brands and probably more, and I was a fanatical homebrewer for many years. There are definitely lots of cheap beer brewed with corn, but not in that form that I've ever heard of. I would really like to know exactly what beer brands your friend thinks are using the stuff.
If we're not questioning the reason for our existence, then what the hell are we doing here?!

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #19319 on: October 29, 2021, 10:21:57 PM »
I have never in my life heard of any beer made with HFCS, and I've tried probably at least 200 different brands and probably more, and I was a fanatical homebrewer for many years. There are definitely lots of cheap beer brewed with corn, but not in that form that I've ever heard of. I would really like to know exactly what beer brands your friend thinks are using the stuff.

This shows Miller made with Corn Syrup.  Maybe not High Fructose but, Corn Syrup.  Close?

wordpress