A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Buying a bakery to convert into detroit style pizzeria; Conveyor?  (Read 337 times)

Offline jose9989

• I Love Pizza!
Buying a bakery to convert into detroit style pizzeria; Conveyor?
« on: September 22, 2021, 11:34:53 PM »
Hello,

I am going to buy a bakery with a single deck oven to make detroit style sourdough pizza.

Should I buy a conveyor or just start off with the existing single deck and try to manage? I have no idea how much volume to expect so starting off I am planning just to have pick ups and walk ins (no delivery). It is a small town though.

Offline tntpizzasd

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Buying a bakery to convert into detroit style pizzeria; Conveyor?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 11:12:14 PM »
Deck ovens cook Detroit style well, and give you the opportunity to parbake the dough if that works better for you, You can also use the deck oven for prep of other toppings. You can add another deck oven if the one there is stackable. I have 0 experience with conveyors but I know people have success with them.

Offline jose9989

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 02:13:39 PM »
Deck ovens cook Detroit style well, and give you the opportunity to parbake the dough if that works better for you, You can also use the deck oven for prep of other toppings. You can add another deck oven if the one there is stackable. I have 0 experience with conveyors but I know people have success with them.

Thanks. I never thought that I could use deck ovens to prep the toppings. That's a great idea. Wonder if I can cook ground beef, sausage and chicken in them.

Yes, I do plan to par bake my dough. The location is a bit remote so I am not expecting a huge volume, so hopefully I can manage with one deck oven. Don't know if it's realistic haha.

Offline PizzaGarage

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 04:19:08 PM »
Conveyors are for fast food chain pizzeria's, do it the old school way on the deck in a gas oven.  That's how pizza should be made, forget the conveyor where is the fun in that?  Deck ovens, opening and closing the doors, can't see your pizza so you need to time it all and moving from spot to spot - that's cooking pizza and being engaged in the process to develop the art end to end. 

I put on all raw sausage (beef too), but precook chicken.  I think you loose too much flavor by pre-cook, for me anyway I want that grease to mix in with the sauce and cheese....

Offline Elevatedpizzaco

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 12:43:14 AM »
Conveyors are for fast food chain pizzeria's, do it the old school way on the deck in a gas oven.  That's how pizza should be made, forget the conveyor where is the fun in that?  Deck ovens, opening and closing the doors, can't see your pizza so you need to time it all and moving from spot to spot - that's cooking pizza and being engaged in the process to develop the art end to end. 

I put on all raw sausage (beef too), but precook chicken.  I think you loose too much flavor by pre-cook, for me anyway I want that grease to mix in with the sauce and cheese....

Listen to this guy !

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress