A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Instant Pot
« Last post by Essen1 on Today at 03:05:34 PM »
Just made some riced cauliflower. Ridiculously fast and turned out great. Itís a cool alternative to real rice if you donít want the empty carbs that come with regular rice. Season it any way you like.

Procedure was just as easy. 1 cup of water. Steam rack and place the cut off florets of one full head on top. Manually set cooking time to 2 mins and pressure to High. Done.

Mash it with a fork into the consistency of real rice, then season.

Off-Topic Foods / Re: Mutant Pineapples
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 03:05:20 PM »
It's amazing the way freezing weather plays havoc with fruit. We had a rare freeze after the bloom last year, and a bunch of my satsumas came out giant and all knobular looking. They look normal inside and taste great, but they should look like the one on the right.
General Pizza Making / Re: Adding yogurt/sour cream to pizza dough
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 02:56:30 PM »
Try a pecan pie made with fresh (or frozen) shredded coconut (or the shelf-stable stuff if no other choice - but cut back the sugar some) rather than pecans.
Focaccia Style / Re: Pizza alla romana in teglia
« Last post by amolapizza on Today at 02:23:13 PM »
Yes the pans are 30x40cm.  To be honest I'm not sure what the material is called in English, probably blue iron (in Italian it's called ferro blu).  They are made from iron and then have a protection applied (thus blue) and finally they get oiled and cured in an oven to create a non stick protection layer (also to prevent rusting).

I oiled and cured them in the oven a few times before using them.
Same for me too! :)
I also do a version using a chocolate cake mix modified in the same manner to which I add 1/2 cup of chocolate morsels, 1/2 cup of shredded coconut and I use chopped walnuts instead of pecans. We call it the double chocolate, coconut, nut cake.....This is my wife's favorite by a long shot! This one I like to serve with an icing (applied at the time of serving) using nothing but vanilla yogurt and then sprinkled with a little more coconut. :drool:
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor
New York Style / Re: More flavour in dough
« Last post by Jon in Albany on Today at 02:05:44 PM »
When the Horbart mixer came back this past week, it was explained that it had a bent shaft.  Guess was mixing too much dough for one batch.

Norma

Well that stinks. At least it is back and running. How's your hand doing?
Neapolitan Style / Re: Reverse Engineering UPN Dough
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 01:37:35 PM »
- first video I've seen where he lets someone else make a pizza

I've seen it in person. He wasn't even in the pizzeria.
Neapolitan Style / Re: Reverse Engineering UPN Dough
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 01:36:23 PM »
in this recent video he says he is using a new flour.

I didn't hear him say that. I heard him say he used a flour he had never tried before on that particular day.
New York Style / Re: More flavour in dough
« Last post by norma427 on Today at 01:20:40 PM »
When the Horbart mixer came back this past week, it was explained that it had a bent shaft.  Guess was mixing too much dough for one batch.

Norma

Off-Topic Foods / Re: Sausage making weekend starts tommorow
« Last post by Little bean on Today at 01:10:53 PM »
One link of sausage that was hanging by the window dried a little faster than the rest and has lost the appropriate amount of weight to be safe to consume, I usually like to take it a little further but I have a lot more that can go all the way, this will be consumed today before Sunday dinner.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20