A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update  (Read 1826235 times)

Offline NoBSpizza

Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Reply #20340 on: June 28, 2022, 01:20:56 PM »
Another home oven plus steel 65% hydration nearlypolitan margherita - verace, of course ... "Say no to canotto!" (Vito Iacopelli)

If only I had the superb peeled tomatoes and fior di latte that I ate on a perfect Neapolitan margherita at the shore of Lago Maggiore two weeks ago ... :(
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 02:25:42 PM by NoBSpizza »
Friday morning. You had a hard week and the day ahead of you is long. But then you remember: you're going to make and eat pizza tonight. This is going to be a good day.

Offline takisklan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #20341 on: June 29, 2022, 08:58:06 AM »
this is my pizzas for business.Neapolitan style pizza 62 hydration with Caputo sacorosso.Fresh yeast only,direct method
days go by the wind

Offline P K

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #20342 on: June 29, 2022, 02:56:57 PM »
Nice!! What oven you are using?

Offline P K

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #20343 on: June 29, 2022, 09:55:29 PM »
Pizza #11 and 12, getting better hang of it each time, still a lot more to learn...

bertello grande, all purpose flour, sourdough pie, aged 48 hours, 61% hydration.

Baked at 860 center stone temp, 900 inner most stone temp, about 100 seconds, Lifted up using turner at about 80 seconds to get the cheese melted and ensure bottom not burnt.

Turned the oven to low, slid in the pizza and turned it back on to medium at about 30 seconds...

Offline takisklan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #20344 on: June 30, 2022, 09:36:34 AM »
Nice!! What oven you are using?

EFFEUNO F1
days go by the wind

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #20345 on: July 01, 2022, 10:40:58 PM »
We had a young couple over tonight. They are getting married in a few weeks. The young man helped me part-time for 3 years and the young lady teaches with my wife. My wife was her mentor her first 2 years on the job. We are happy they ended up together.

These were 2 of the best crusts I have made in the last couple years. First one is 15% spelt, 62 water, .35 IDY, 2 salt, 0.5 DMP (60). Sliced potatoes seasoned and steamed first; sausage and mushroom on half. Post bake béchamel with chopped rosemary. Balsamic drizzle. Both were 24 hr ferment; 2 RT, then 20 CF, then out at RT for 2 hrs before baking.

Second one was a Chicago thin but I had a little too much dough. Bread flour, 58 water, 0.5 IDY, 2 salt, 5 oil. The yellow squash jumped on the peel dismount. Still tasted good.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 10:43:15 PM by foreplease »
-Tony

Offline RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #20346 on: July 01, 2022, 11:44:13 PM »
We had a young couple over tonight. They are getting married in a few weeks. The young man helped me part-time for 3 years and the young lady teaches with my wife. My wife was her mentor her first 2 years on the job. We are happy they ended up together.

These were 2 of the best crusts I have made in the last couple years. First one is 15% spelt, 62 water, .35 IDY, 2 salt, 0.5 DMP (60). Sliced potatoes seasoned and steamed first; sausage and mushroom on half. Post bake béchamel with chopped rosemary. Balsamic drizzle. Both were 24 hr ferment; 2 RT, then 20 CF, then out at RT for 2 hrs before baking.

Second one was a Chicago thin but I had a little too much dough. Bread flour, 58 water, 0.5 IDY, 2 salt, 5 oil. The yellow squash jumped on the peel dismount. Still tasted good.
Looks great. Nice golden color on that Chicago thin. Any chance there's some semolina or durum flour in that crust?
If we're not questioning the reason for our existence, then what the hell are we doing here?!

Offline Samson

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #20347 on: July 02, 2022, 07:13:24 AM »
16 inch pie baked for around 8-9 minutes in my home oven. 75% grande WMLM Mozz and 25% creamy havarti. I think it was actually underfermented a bit, still trying to get the feel for that.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #20348 on: July 02, 2022, 10:27:09 AM »
Looks great. Nice golden color on that Chicago thin. Any chance there's some semolina or durum flour in that crust?
Thank you. No, but that is a good idea. This was straight BF. Working with some of the ideas and results member Papa T has posted, I used half the yeast. Next time I try I will cut it in half again and increase the oil a little. Both of these had a good crisp and crunch, for lack of a better term.

*I used semolina as bench flour and brushed off what I could but I suppose that could have contributed to the color you mentioned.
-Tony

Offline RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #20349 on: July 02, 2022, 11:27:54 PM »
Thank you. No, but that is a good idea. This was straight BF. Working with some of the ideas and results member Papa T has posted, I used half the yeast. Next time I try I will cut it in half again and increase the oil a little. Both of these had a good crisp and crunch, for lack of a better term.

*I used semolina as bench flour and brushed off what I could but I suppose that could have contributed to the color you mentioned.
I used to use semolina flour in my crust regularly at a rate of 25% when I wanted it really crispy, but I started cutting that in half because it also made the crust pretty chewy. Durum flour also works great. It gives that golden color and it has a high protein content, usually about 14%, without any additives. It also makes dough really easily workable in my experience.
If we're not questioning the reason for our existence, then what the hell are we doing here?!

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #20350 on: July 03, 2022, 01:08:58 AM »
Samson...looks right on the mark to me..nice pie!

Offline nickyr

« Reply #20351 on: July 03, 2022, 01:27:23 AM »
16 inch pie baked for around 8-9 minutes in my home oven. 75% grande WMLM Mozz and 25% creamy havarti. I think it was actually underfermented a bit, still trying to get the feel for that.
Gorgeous! How was the havarti?

Offline nickyr

« Reply #20352 on: July 03, 2022, 01:32:44 AM »
If I may “quote” eminem:

“I’m beginning to feel like a deep dish god
All my people from the front to the back nod”

Thanks as always to pythonic!

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #20353 on: July 03, 2022, 08:43:00 AM »
I used to use semolina flour in my crust regularly at a rate of 25% when I wanted it really crispy, but I started cutting that in half because it also made the crust pretty chewy. Durum flour also works great. It gives that golden color and it has a high protein content, usually about 14%, without any additives. It also makes dough really easily workable in my experience.

Semolina is durum...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 08:52:54 AM by HansB »
Instagram @hans_michigan.

"The most important element of pizza is the dough. Pizza is bread after all. Bread with toppings." -Brian Spangler

"Ultimately, pizza is a variety of condiments on top of bread. If I wanted to evolve, I figured out that I had to understand bread and first make the best bread I possibly could. Only then could my pizza evolve as well." Dan Richer

Offline RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #20354 on: July 04, 2022, 02:18:32 PM »
Semolina is durum...
I meant finely ground durum flour. 'Semolina' is the term for the coarsely ground stuff. I guess I could have said 'semola ricmacinata', but they're both made from durum flour. And they produce totally different results in dough.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 02:20:13 PM by RHawthorne »

Offline gcthunder

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #20355 on: July 05, 2022, 02:23:09 PM »
WFO fun this weekend. The prosciutto cotto pizza was one of the top 10 things I've ever eaten.

Online Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #20356 on: July 05, 2022, 02:40:31 PM »
5 day cf dough, mixed organic high gluten bf and semolina. Swiss cheese, pumpkin seed butter with garlic and olive oil, red onion.

Offline woodfiredandrew

• follow your passion!
« Reply #20357 on: July 06, 2022, 09:09:28 AM »
Sausage, red onions, ronni, candied Jalapenos, habanero honey,
smoked salmon, basil pesto, fresh tomatoes, crushed pistachios , 60% hydration, AT, Spelt, sir Galhad. sourdough/Poolish 48 hr dough. 

People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered, love them anyway. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives, do good anyway. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable, Be honest and frank anyway. If you are successful , you will win false friends and true enemies, succeed anyway.

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #20358 on: July 06, 2022, 12:21:39 PM »
Andrew, that's some good eating! Amazing combos!

Offline Edward Lem

• I Create NeaAmerican Style Pizza from my Apartment
« Reply #20359 on: July 06, 2022, 08:37:33 PM »
Margherita Thursday in Taipei with PizzaParty Ardore Oven...62% Hydration 72 hour bulk cold fermentation at various temp ranges each day.

Instagram @Eddie_nyer

wordpress