A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Best DSP pan?  (Read 1323 times)

lis0r and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline 9slicePie

Best DSP pan?
« on: November 24, 2023, 10:19:16 PM »
Which would you recommend?

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
Re: Best DSP pan?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 10:53:59 PM »
Instagram @hans_michigan.

"The most important element of pizza is the dough. Pizza is bread after all. Bread with toppings." -Brian Spangler

"Ultimately, pizza is a variety of condiments on top of bread. If I wanted to evolve, I figured out that I had to understand bread and first make the best bread I possibly could. Only then could my pizza evolve as well." Dan Richer

Pizza is bread - Joe Beddia

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 09:32:46 PM »
I have 2 of the second one Hans mentioned (10 x 14 size) and love them.
-Tony

Offline QuickDraw

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 12:57:02 PM »
i have 3 of the Equippers 10" x 14" pans (HansB link above)and 3 plastic lids for them(maybe got the lids on amazon...  anyways they're solid and after a few bakes they're pretty nonstick, i can scrape out whatever with my spatula and wipe out with a paper towel and they're ready for the next bake...

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 01:25:33 PM »
I am with Hans... I have both of the pans he listed and they both bake the same great pizza.   You never have to worry about rust with the lloyds, so you can soak them overnight if you want to, but otherwise there is no difference in the final outcome of the pizza for me.   

Offline parallei

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 02:06:26 PM »
I am with Hans... I have both of the pans he listed and they both bake the same great pizza.   You never have to worry about rust with the lloyds, so you can soak them overnight if you want to, but otherwise there is no difference in the final outcome of the pizza for me.

I'm with Hans too. I bought my Lloyds PSTK pans on his recommendation and love them.

Come to think of it, all things I've ever done DSP related have been on Hans' recommendation.  :-D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 02:10:57 PM by parallei »

Offline Timpanogos Slim

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza time! Pizza time! Pizza time!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 05:21:31 PM »
The equipper's pans are good, I have a couple.

The 8x10 i got from Northern Pizza Equipment is just fine too. they also offer chicago metallic glazed steel detroit style pans which i've not tried, and which are out of stock until january.

https://northernpizzaequipment.com/product-category/detroit-style-pans/
There are many kinds of pizza, and *Most of them can be really good.
- Eric

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 07:06:09 PM »
I'm with Hans too. I bought my Lloyds PSTK pans on his recommendation and love them.

Come to think of it, all things I've ever done DSP related have been on Hans' recommendation.  :-D

:)
Instagram @hans_michigan.

"The most important element of pizza is the dough. Pizza is bread after all. Bread with toppings." -Brian Spangler

"Ultimately, pizza is a variety of condiments on top of bread. If I wanted to evolve, I figured out that I had to understand bread and first make the best bread I possibly could. Only then could my pizza evolve as well." Dan Richer

Pizza is bread - Joe Beddia

Offline 9slicePie

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2023, 11:40:31 AM »
Thanks for the input, everyone.

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2023, 02:13:23 PM »

You wrote my response for me.
John