A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Harry, please don't get offended  (Read 410 times)

Offline Rolls

• I Love Pizza!
Harry, please don't get offended
« on: February 13, 2018, 12:52:00 PM »
Vesuvio's is generally considered the oldest pizzeria in Toronto.  It opened for business in 1957 and is still going strong today in an area of the city known as the Junction.  One of the founders got his start in pizza-making in a NYC bakery before setting up shop in Toronto with his father and brothers.

I don't know how well the pizzas conform to the tenets of the NY-style pizza philosophy, but all I can say is that they always make a tasty pizza, though I'm partial to the square pies.  All in all, it's comforting to me that Vesuvio's is still here and contributing to the pizza culture of my city.

Rolls
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 12:54:48 PM by Rolls »

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
Re: Harry, please don't get offended
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 10:02:12 PM »
Why would he get offended? You're talking about a shop in Toronto.

Don't get it.  ???
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:09:43 PM by Essen1 »
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Rolls

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 10:36:25 PM »
Why would he get offended? You're talking about a shop in Toronto.  Don't get it.  ???

Harry is rightly proud of the pizza tradition in NYC, and there are a few things in the video ( ie. smaller pizzas baked in a pan, fairly thick crust/rim, saying that NY pizza is similar to what they make in Italy) which probably don't fit well with some of the typical characteristics of the NY style.  I like Vesuvio's pizza but I don't think it represents the NY style very well.  I meant no disrespect to Harry - I don't agree with him on everything but I admire his passion for NY style pizza.

Rolls

Offline HarryHaller73

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 12:01:35 PM »

I don't know how well the pizzas conform to the tenets of the NY-style pizza philosophy, but all I can say is that they always make a tasty pizza, though I'm partial to the square pies.  All in all, it's comforting to me that Vesuvio's is still here and contributing to the pizza culture of my city.

I see an 18" thin slice pizza, a square grandma/sicilian pan pizza, and a bar style pizza in a round pan.  You'll find all those here in the Tri-State, they all look pretty good to me and enjoyed watching the video and their history and connection to NYC.

Offline Rolls

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 02:16:03 PM »
Harry,

Thanks for watching and commenting on the video.

Rolls

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress