Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by mikep on 10 Sep 2019
  • I love this style. Can't get enough
    My high hydration dough is made with Mulino Marino Manitoba (575gr), Maiorca flour from Sicily (125gr) an a 50gr spelt flour.
    590 ml warmish water and 7gr "Mastro Fornaio" by Paneangeli, 20 grams pink sea salt and 15 gr olive oil.
    3 hour rest/48 hour cold fermentation and divide in two and another 24 hours in fridge.

Dough is placed into an olive oiled pan 6 hours earlier than cook and covered.

The cheese is a locally made shredded low moisture mozzarella and tomatoes are San Marzanos hand crushed with a bit of salt and basil.

15 minutes on bottom shelf of my commercial oven (heating elements above and below). 15 minutes EXACTLY.

The pan is the 10 x 14 Welded "PSTK" Coated Detroit Style Pizza Pan from Detroitstylepizza.com. I love this pan.
  • #2 by vincentoc13 on 12 Sep 2019
  • That looks mouth watering!  I'm looking to making a Detroit style pizza, I'm going to purchase a 12X17 Detroit pan from Lloyd's.  Would you happen to know how much dough I would use for this size of pan?

Thanks!
  • #3 by nanometric on 12 Sep 2019
  • That looks mouth watering!  I'm looking to making a Detroit style pizza, I'm going to purchase a 12X17 Detroit pan from Lloyd's.  Would you happen to know how much dough I would use for this size of pan?

Thanks!

Based on the recommendations in Reinhart's pan pizza book, 714 g of dough.
  • #4 by vincentoc13 on 13 Sep 2019
  • Thank you! I'm going to buy the book, what page does it give that info.
  • #5 by nanometric on 13 Sep 2019
  • Thank you! I'm going to buy the book, what page does it give that info.

P. 15 in the paper book; p. 13 in the Kindle version. Note: he doesn't give a specific recommendation for that pan size, so I averaged the dough/sq. in. numbers he provided (and rounded down) to come up with that number.
    PM sent
  • #6 by mikep on 27 Sep 2019

Thanks!

Thanks! This was about 685grams
  • #7 by Chicago Bob on 28 Sep 2019
  • Mike, I think you did a very nice job with your Detroit style pizza... Crust looks crazy good!!  I can almost hear it sizzling.  :drool:
    I like your use of low moisture mozz.  :chef:
  • #8 by dan.corbiani on 30 Sep 2019
  • I'm not sure if Reinhart's book is normally $3 on kindle but I just picked it up.  I think it's going to be a very helpful read based on the sample.
Pages:
Actions