A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Fire position in oven  (Read 589 times)

Offline slarkin712

• I Love Pizza!
Fire position in oven
« on: September 27, 2020, 06:54:31 PM »
I am getting ready to purchase a wood fired oven to make neapolitan style pizza.  I want the oven to be portable and large enough to cook 2 12" pies at once.  I'm thinking I will purchase the il fornino pro series, shown here: https://www.ilfornino.com/ilfornino-professional-series-wood-burning-pizza-oven-one-flat-cooking-surface/

This oven is 38" deep and 26.5" wide, so there is definitely room for two pies.  I am wondering what the best placement of the fire would be as far as getting even temps throughout the oven.  I see videos with the fire in the back of the oven and two pies cooking in the front.  But I also see fires on one side of the oven and the pies placed on the other side.  Anyone have any experience on the optimal placement of the fire in an oven like this?

Offline nickyr

Re: Fire position in oven
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 09:21:03 PM »
I donít know what will get you more even heating, but if the fire is on the side it will be easier to watch how fast itís cooking and know when you need to turn the pizza.

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 11:22:56 AM »
I think a common way is embers to far left and burning logs to left.
Or to right if you prefer.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline slarkin712

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 03:34:59 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  Should have the new oven in a few weeks.  Will report back with my observations.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T