A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: More flavour in dough  (Read 445407 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
Re: More flavour in dough
« Reply #4020 on: October 17, 2020, 10:46:21 PM »
It looks good, but in this day and age it disturbs me to see someone preparing food without wearing a mask!

Edit: And to be honest your pizza looked much better!  Too bad that I've never tasted it!

Jack,

Not sure why Tony didn't have a mask on, but after awhile did put one on.  There are a lot of "ready to eat" food vendors at market that aren't wearing masks.  No masks are required for customers either.

Thanks for saying my pizza looked much butter.   :)

Norma

Offline lennyk

« Reply #4021 on: October 20, 2020, 06:27:23 AM »
All the best Norma, you certainly put a lot of heart into your product and operation.

I havent been on this forum in months but have followed this thread for many years and it has never waned.

L

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4022 on: October 20, 2020, 08:41:46 PM »
All the best Norma, you certainly put a lot of heart into your product and operation.

I havent been on this forum in months but have followed this thread for many years and it has never waned.

L

Thanks for the best Lenny!  I tried to turn out a good pizza's. 

Thanks also for following this thread.   :)

Norma

Offline communist

« Reply #4023 on: October 29, 2020, 10:12:56 PM »
Hate to see you shut down the pizza stand Norma, but i have pleasant memories of my trips down to Lancaster with my family and stopping in your shop.  I moved to Lancaster almost 30 years ago, and the pizza was terrible compared to my home area.  The only OK pizza was Papa Dino's, which you wrote about in the past.  Unfortunately I had to leave the area.  I love pizza, and have been to hundreds of places.  You brought world class pizza to the Lancaster area.   I am sure you will recreate your pizza at home.   Keep us posted.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4024 on: November 01, 2020, 08:04:48 AM »
Hate to see you shut down the pizza stand Norma, but i have pleasant memories of my trips down to Lancaster with my family and stopping in your shop.  I moved to Lancaster almost 30 years ago, and the pizza was terrible compared to my home area.  The only OK pizza was Papa Dino's, which you wrote about in the past.  Unfortunately I had to leave the area.  I love pizza, and have been to hundreds of places.  You brought world class pizza to the Lancaster area.   I am sure you will recreate your pizza at home.   Keep us posted.

Mark,

It was time to shut the pizza stand down.  Thanks for saying you had pleasant memories of your trips to Lancaster with your family and stopping at my stand.  At the end Papa Dino's wasn't what it used to be.  Will try to recreate my pizza's at home, when the Blodgett gets hooked up in the shed.

Norma

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • marty, whatever happens, don't go to 2020!
« Reply #4025 on: November 02, 2020, 08:29:15 AM »
Hey norma,

I wonder if you'd consider teaching remote pizza classes? I can't speak for other forum members but personally, I'd be willing to pay for the privilege of taking classes with you.

best,
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 08:31:08 AM by quietdesperation »
jeff

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4026 on: November 02, 2020, 09:19:39 AM »
Hey norma,

I wonder if you'd consider teaching remote pizza classes? I can't speak for other forum members but personally, I'd be willing to pay for the privilege of taking classes with you.

best,

QD,

I have thought about teaching remote pizza classes, after getting the shed straightened out and the Blodgett hooked up, but not sure yet when all of that might happen.  Thanks for saying your would be willing to pay for taking pizza classes with me.

Norma

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4027 on: November 02, 2020, 10:09:36 AM »
norma, personally, I'd be happy with a dough making/stretching class with q&a while you get the shed sorted. just sayin.
jeff

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4028 on: November 02, 2020, 12:11:43 PM »
norma, personally, I'd be happy with a dough making/stretching class with q&a while you get the shed sorted. just sayin.

QD,

Maybe when I have time.  So many things go into making a good pizza.  What I think are good things, might not be what another person thinks.

Norma

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4029 on: November 03, 2020, 12:44:45 PM »
QD,

Maybe when I have time.  So many things go into making a good pizza.  What I think are good things, might not be what another person thinks.

Norma

norma, this quote comes to mind:

"A true teacher would never tell you what to do. But would give you the knowledge with which you could decide what would be best for you to do"

in any case, I thought it might be fun for you/members of the forum. It doesn't have to be a formal class, it could simply be "I'm making pizza today, here's what I do, ask questions along the way". In any case, I hope you'll consider it at some point.

best,
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 12:48:05 PM by quietdesperation »
jeff

Offline piesofsatan

• regular slice not too hot boss
    • Three Slice Joints on Instagram
« Reply #4030 on: November 03, 2020, 02:43:42 PM »

"A true teacher would never tell you what to do. But would give you the knowledge with which you could decide what would be best for you to do"

in any case, I thought it might be fun for you/members of the forum. It doesn't have to be a formal class, it could simply be "I'm making pizza today, here's what I do, ask questions along the way". In any case, I hope you'll consider it at some point.

best,

Would love something like this as my weak spot is still my dough I think!! Though Chris Graff's recipe from this forum has been super handy / tasty. Would kill to learn more though, especially from a legend like Norma!!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4031 on: November 03, 2020, 11:20:18 PM »

best,

QD,

I will consider what you say someday.  Right now am having more medical problems and am getting more tests.

Would love something like this as my weak spot is still my dough I think!! Though Chris Graff's recipe from this forum has been super handy / tasty. Would kill to learn more though, especially from a legend like Norma!!

piesofsatan,

Thanks!  Will see what happens.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4032 on: March 08, 2021, 06:13:32 PM »
Norma

Offline miz_en_plaz

« Reply #4033 on: March 08, 2021, 06:36:40 PM »
I'm in for a dough making class too, for some reason I find balling dough so stressful, it never completely seals on the bottom and it drives me kinda nuts. I would definitely pay to make a pizza with you, teach me how to make sauce and whatever else happens post-dough.

Last night I learned that the first gas deck ovens were Blodgett and that they were in my hometown of Burlington VT.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 06:39:01 PM by miz_en_plaz »

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4034 on: March 08, 2021, 06:46:10 PM »
Well I know our pizza community celebrates you on this special Women’s day. Keep teaching us to become as good as you.
Marty

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #4035 on: March 08, 2021, 08:28:02 PM »
Norma, my hope is that your medical issues are quickly resolved. You are so valuable to the pizza community! Health and Happiness to you!

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
  • # 1 RATED PIZZERIA IN USA ON YELP
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
« Reply #4036 on: March 08, 2021, 10:23:43 PM »
Looking Good Norma! 
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4037 on: March 09, 2021, 09:45:57 AM »
I'm in for a dough making class too, for some reason I find balling dough so stressful, it never completely seals on the bottom and it drives me kinda nuts. I would definitely pay to make a pizza with you, teach me how to make sauce and whatever else happens post-dough.

Last night I learned that the first gas deck ovens were Blodgett and that they were in my hometown of Burlington VT.

miz_en_plaz,

Making dough is relatively easy, and balling is too.  Think I have some videos on YouTube of balling batches of dough.  With everyone having different ovens, each pizza made by the same person can turn out differently.  If your sauce tastes good, it should taste good when baked on a pizza, if right amounts of sauce and cheese are used.

One of the videos of me balling dough.

You are right that the first gas deck ovens were Blodgett's.  Walter and I talked to Madeline Mastro Ferrentino and the other close family memebers of inventing the first pizza oven.  If you didn't read the thread about how NY style pizza's got started this thread might help you understand more.

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=14920.0

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4038 on: March 09, 2021, 09:56:36 AM »
Well I know our pizza community celebrates you on this special Women’s day. Keep teaching us to become as good as you.

Marty,

Thanks so much for saying the pizza community celebrates me and the all the women that make pizza's.  I hope to start making pizza's sometime this summer, if I ever get the home shed fixed up.  :-D

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4039 on: March 09, 2021, 09:59:25 AM »
Norma, my hope is that your medical issues are quickly resolved. You are so valuable to the pizza community! Health and Happiness to you!

Mark

Mark,

The Covid long lasting effects still aren't going away, but am thankful to feel better than at first.  More skin issues too and need some of them operated on.  Thanks for saying I am valuable to the pizza community.  That means a lot to me.  Thanks for the health and happiness wishes!  Same to you and yours!

Norma