A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Basic Cold proofing question  (Read 251 times)

Offline Sportsphysio

• I Love Pizza!
Basic Cold proofing question
« on: September 28, 2021, 01:12:25 AM »
This is going to be a very dumb question, but I need to ask….
After cold proofing your dough balls and removing them from the fridge to allow them to get to room temp, do you keep them in the air tight container, or do you uncover them?

Thanks in advance!

Online kori

• Supporting Member
  • Let's make pizza today!
Re: Basic Cold proofing question
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 09:19:58 AM »
There are no dumb questions, leave them covered so they dont dry out.
I SMILE AND WAVE....

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 10:35:59 AM »
This is going to be a very dumb question, but I need to ask….
After cold proofing your dough balls and removing them from the fridge to allow them to get to room temp, do you keep them in the air tight container, or do you uncover them?

Thanks in advance!
Sportsphysio,

You can also remove the dough balls from their containers and cover the dough balls with plastic wrap. That will allow the dough balls to warm up faster than if they are left in their storage containers). But you do not want to let the dough balls warm up TO room temperature but, rather, AT room temperature. The dough balls will be ready to use when their internal temperatures, as measured by a stick or similar thermometer, reaches about 50-55F (although I personally favor around 60F-65F, or better). Typically, the temper time is around a couple of hours or so. But, if you wish, that time can be extended if you leave the dough balls in their storage containers (covered) to warm up.

Peter

Offline Sportsphysio

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 12:23:10 PM »
Thank you for those replies!  I did not realize there was an ideal temp for the balls prior to making the pizzas.  Ill be sure to use my digital thermometer to make sure I’m in that range!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress