A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: CF Pizza dough with Lievito Madre  (Read 641 times)

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
CF Pizza dough with Lievito Madre
« on: December 24, 2020, 12:18:11 AM »
Hi, I try to make a CF pizza dough with my new Lievito Madre. I assume if I want to ball after 1-2h that I may need to add some ADY to the dough but was curious what others do.
The LM is quite active, not sour at all so I donít have any reservations to add a larger amount to my dough.
Goal is to make the dough 36h ahead of time.
Any ideas?
Thanks all

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
Re: CF Pizza dough with Lievito Madre
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 07:10:29 AM »
Hi, I try to make a CF pizza dough with my new Lievito Madre. I assume if I want to ball after 1-2h that I may need to add some ADY to the dough but was curious what others do.
The LM is quite active, not sour at all so I donít have any reservations to add a larger amount to my dough.
Goal is to make the dough 36h ahead of time.
Any ideas?
Thanks all

I personally would not add commercial yeast. As TXCraig would say, trust your starter.
Instagram @hans_michigan

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 08:48:39 AM »
First trial with 4% LM, 68% hydration, 3% salt. 00 Contadino flour with 10% AT no B/B, at RT 25-26c, for 10-12h.
Exited to try new oven tonight

Offline Heikjo

• Lifetime Member
  • Sour dough = happy me
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 10:54:10 AM »
I donít normally do CF with starter for pizza, but have had some in there here and there since they werenít ready by the evening. My starter and any dough I put in the fridge pretty much stop rising when it has cooled down, but something is still happening since it develop flavor and I suppose canít sit there for too long.

I donít understand all your abbreviations, but did you do 10-12 hours in RT before CF? If so, how much did the dough rise in that time?
Heine
Oven: Effeuno P134H

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 12:09:12 PM »
I donít normally do CF with starter for pizza, but have had some in there here and there since they werenít ready by the evening. My starter and any dough I put in the fridge pretty much stop rising when it has cooled down, but something is still happening since it develop flavor and I suppose canít sit there for too long.

I donít understand all your abbreviations, but did you do 10-12 hours in RT before CF? If so, how much did the dough rise in that time?
Heikjo,
I tried my liquid starter in the past, using 8-10% at room temp, was a bit over fermented after 10h.
This time I tried 4% Lievito Madre, balled it 1h after and let sit at 25c until Iím back home from work, so canít tell you right now how the dough looks.
Curious if balls will flatten out too much and if I have to reball after few hours.
Iíll not use any CF on this batch.
Iíve tried 20% starter in the past, balled after 2-4h and cold fermented for a day or 1 after, was quite good, but I wanna try room temp and same day bake.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T