A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Roma Pizza Asbury, NJ  (Read 64 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
Roma Pizza Asbury, NJ
« on: Today at 10:10:52 AM »
My oldest daughter and I took a quick trip to Staten Island two Saturdays ago.  On the way back we stopped at a BP gas station to get gas.  I went inside to use the restroom and much to my surprise there was a pizzeria on the other side of the gas station right along the busy highway, where you have to get off to get gas. 

Went over to look at the pizza's and they looked good and thin.  The garlic knots also looked delicious.  Ordered two pepperoni slices, one for my daughter and one for me.  Also ordered the garlic knots.  The plain pizza then had pepperoni added and the slices were put into the oven to finish the bake.  The crust and bottom crust just had the right amount of crisp for me.  The garlic knots were also very good.  Ordered two more pepperoni slices to take home.

Never would have thought to go there and try their pizza's, but most of what I could see was the balances of all toppings were good. The dough balls looked like they were fermented well.

Talked to the owner for awhile and his day had owned other pizzeria's in the area and restaurants.  He dad recently retired, but is still helping at the pizzeria.

I like how thin the crust was.  In our area can't find any pizza's with a nice thin crust.  Looks like they use Stanislaus tomato products.  Cheese tasted like Grande and they put some kind of powdered cheese on top of the sauce before the shredded mozzarella.  I wish I would have gotten a slice of their grandma pizza too.  They use a par bake for the crust and the balance of toppings looked good.

If I get that way again, will be sure to stop in and try their pizza's and other foods.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100054861605717

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
Re: Roma Pizza Asbury, NJ
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:14:21 AM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:15:55 AM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:18:05 AM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: Today at 10:20:45 AM »
Norma
« Last Edit: Today at 10:25:55 AM by norma427 »

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:26:18 AM »
Yum!  I know that exit and will try this place some day.  Thanks for sharing Norma, its nice to see you out and about eating pizza!!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:33:05 AM »
Yum!  I know that exit and will try this place some day.  Thanks for sharing Norma, its nice to see you out and about eating pizza!!

Hi scott r,

Nice to hear from you!  :)  Would like to know what you think, if you stop by some day.  I don't get out that much to try pizza anymore, but would love to be able to make those garlic knots in my home oven.   :-D  Tasted like fresh garlic and good cheese sprinkled on the knots.  Tried some pizza's around our area and they always have thick tasteless crusts and the crusts aren't crispy at all.  Would have stopped somewhere in Staten Island for pizza, but it takes awhile to get there and to come home in one day.  My daughter was driving and she wanted to get home before it got late at night.  At least I got some good pizza!  :-D

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #8 on: Today at 10:40:24 AM »
Yes, good pizza is great news!!     I was at Goodfellas in Staten Island fairly recently and I thought the pizza was really good.   Its not quite a NY style pizza because they bake it faster, but its not quite Neapolitan either because its not that fast.   Its actually closer to a razza style pizza.   Some day if you get a chance you should try it (or razza!).   Both are thin.   

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: Today at 10:45:05 AM »
Yes, good pizza is great news!!     I was at Goodfellas in Staten Island fairly recently and I thought the pizza was really good.   Its not quite a NY style pizza because they bake it faster, but its not quite Neapolitan either because its not that fast.   Its actually closer to a razza style pizza.   Some day if you get a chance you should try it (or razza!).   Both are thin.

I have always wanted to stop at Goodfellas, but never got there.  Thanks for telling me it was really good.  I thought I wanted to go to Joe and Pat's, but my daughter wanted to get home.  Will try razza too some day if I get up there again.

Thanks,

Norma

Online hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #10 on: Today at 03:27:39 PM »

Tasted like...

Great to see you Norma and very happy to see those words. Great looking pizza and knots too.

Matt