Johnís in village
    Suprema
    Lou and Ernie, Bronx
    Marioís, Bronx
    Giardini, Carroll gardens
    Luigis, south slope
    Espresso, bay ridge
    New Park

- havenít been to espresso in years but it was a mainstay when we played softball out there. Iím willing to roll the dice itís still good.
    - havenít tried the Staten Island or queens joints except amore and new park

so many great places left off the list, an embarrassment of riches

• #5 by HansB on 31 Mar 2018
  • In no particular order.

Patsy's, Harlem
    Margherita
    Pizza Suprema
    Best
    Robertas
    Don Antonio
    Prince Street
    Motorino

But if the world were really ending I'd have the Ns1 at Xi'an Famous Food.

Edit: I thought the title stated NY Style pizza. List now includes all types.
  • #6 by Rainier42 on 31 Mar 2018
  • None of the above ... I head straight to Pies and Pints in WV then gorge myself on pizza and beer!  Since I wouldn't have to fight for parking, there would be more time to drink and eat.      >:D
  • #7 by TXCraig1 on 31 Mar 2018
  • No particular order - since this is a completely BS scenario, I'm bringing some place back to life because they deserve it.

1) Franny's
    2) Margot's
    3) Motorino
    4) Luzzo's
    5) Juliana's
    6) New Park
    7) Roberta's
    8] Wheated

• #8 by jkb on 31 Mar 2018

• But if the world were really ending I'd have the Ns1 at Xi'an Famous Food.

Per se and Le Bernadin.
  • #9 by TXCraig1 on 31 Mar 2018
  • Per se and Le Bernadin.

If you are going to fundamentally change the question, why limit yourself to NYC? Or even this planet for that matter...
  • #10 by quietdesperation on 31 Mar 2018
  • If you are going to fundamentally change the question, why limit yourself to NYC? Or even this planet for that matter...

craig, you did the same thing on a lesser scale. It's NY style, deck or coal.
  • #11 by TXCraig1 on 31 Mar 2018
  • craig, you did the same thing on a lesser scale. It's NY style, deck or coal.

I followed the original instructions "Pick 8 NY pizzerias in 2 days to eat. what's your choice"
  • #12 by quietdesperation on 31 Mar 2018
  • interested in your picks for the clarified poll:
    Deck or coal in NY

harry, maybe you could edit OP and supply us with your picks
  • #13 by TXCraig1 on 31 Mar 2018
  • interested in your picks for the clarified poll:
    Deck or coal in NY

Again, no particular order, (and yes, I've been to Patsy's in Harlem and left them off the list)

1) Juliana's
    2) Luzzo's
    3) New Park
    4) Best
    5) Prince St.
    6) Williamsburg on Union
    7) John's
    8] Johnny's (have not been, but if it's what I expect it to be, it likely would have been on my other list).
  • #14 by quietdesperation on 31 Mar 2018
  • thanks! in some ways, it's more interesting to see what we've left off our lists.
  • #15 by jvp123 on 31 Mar 2018
  • thanks! in some ways, it's more interesting to see what we've left off our lists.

^^^

Not sure I can list 8 as consistency seems to be an issue these days at some of my favorite places. 

I would definitely include the RUBIROSA Vodka pie though. I've never had a bad one of those.

edit:  Come to think of it - I'll add the Prince st pepperoni square.  I've had it twice and both times I really enjoyed it.  Unique to the standard slice joint square and IMO great tasting.
  • #16 by hammettjr on 31 Mar 2018
  • Ok, here's my list, subject to change after more thought.

Its an interesting question. Depending on your experience and personality, some people will pick 8 places they've been to, while others won't. I havent been to enough places to come up with a full list, but here's a start.

Places I like and would want to go back to:
    NY Pizza Suprema
    Margherita Pizza

In between place:
    Lillian - I used to live across the street from it, so I've had it before, but that was almost 15 years ago and I wasnt as pizza obsessed then.

Places I havent been to, but want to given recommendations and hype:
    John's
    Difara

Still have 3 more spots TBD
  • #17 by quietdesperation on 01 Apr 2018
  • Lou,

that's a good list, but it's the pistachio ice (with real pistachios) at court st pastry! were you to nino's across from Cammareri's when it was open?
  • #18 by novawaly on 27 Apr 2018
  • Again, no particular order, (and yes, I've been to Patsy's in Harlem and left them off the list)

1) Juliana's
    2) Luzzo's
    3) New Park
    4) Best
    5) Prince St.
    6) Williamsburg on Union
    7) John's
    8] Johnny's (have not been, but if it's what I expect it to be, it likely would have been on my other list).

I actually live in NY and saw your attempt at recreating the Johnny's pizza. Which place is this? Google search returns quite a few Johnny's in NYC
  • #19 by invertedisdead on 27 Apr 2018
  • I actually live in NY and saw your attempt at recreating the Johnny's pizza. Which place is this? Google search returns quite a few Johnny's in NYC

Johnny's in Mt.  Vernon.
  • #20 by jkb on 27 Apr 2018
  • If you are going to fundamentally change the question, why limit yourself to NYC? Or even this planet for that matter...

I wasn't necessarily limiting myself to nyc. That said, I wouldn't want to waste any of my last 48 hours on a plane and I certainly wouldn't waste it eating pizza.
Pages:
Actions