A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Di Fara Delivery from Goldbelly  (Read 6417 times)

Offline Josh123

Re: Di Fara Delivery from Goldbelly
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2020, 07:26:44 PM »
I am more amazed that an Owner of a Food Establishment on this forum has a problem with Cleanliness than the History of DiFara  456

Nah, just made a half light hearted comment about you hijacking this thread with three posts that are off topic.

Offline Josh123

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2020, 07:27:19 PM »
Rockaway Pizza somewhere in Pittsburgh area. You’d have a fun debate with Josh (I did.) His benchmark slice is Amore in Queens. Totally different than a Joe’s slice  ;D

Yeah, it has flavor.  8)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2020, 07:37:03 PM »
None of them as good as when Dom was making pizza.

One question..... Yes or no.... Have you seen any of the multitudes of videos where Dom checks bottom of pizza in his magic oven and does not give a rats ass that the pie is charged black an he jus wants his money?

Let's not even get into the vids that show his nose drooling good knows what into his "creations".  Eww...😷
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Josh123

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2020, 09:04:06 PM »
One question..... Yes or no.... Have you seen any of the multitudes of videos where Dom checks bottom of pizza in his magic oven and does not give a rats ass that the pie is charged black an he jus wants his money?

Let's not even get into the vids that show his nose drooling good knows what into his "creations".  Eww...😷

No.

Have you ever eaten Doms pizza?

Offline Andrew Bellucci

• Bellucci Pizza
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2020, 10:01:48 PM »
Considering NY gives out Zagat best in the city awards to these dirty shops, what does that say about NY?  :-D

I'd say the Zagat score for DiFara's is spot on - great for food, zilch for service and decor.  There's no category for filth.  If there was DiFara's would be at the very top of the list...

I've always liked the DiFara slice.  One of my favorites.  But the combo of a horrible ordering system and palpable filth is the reason I've only gone there twice in the past 15 years or so.  Too many other great slice shops in my rotation to bother with DiFara's. 

My loss?  Maybe.  But when I can have a slice from Scarr's or L'Industrie I'm not trading down.  I'm having two of the best slices in NYC...

Offline Andrew Bellucci

• Bellucci Pizza
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2020, 10:14:15 PM »

I don't think Dom was ever about the money.  I put him in the same category as Gerry Pero, who made pies at Totonno's back in the day.  Gerry didn't give a f..k if he burned your pie and  if it had a baseball-sized hole in it.  You either accepted it and paid for it or you became persona non grata.  He'd tell you to get the f..k out.

Dom wasn't an ornery bastard like Gerry.  He was just in his own world, making great pizza with occasional misses.

That's the beauty of pizza.  Every pie is a new beginning.  A shot at bliss or abject failure.  That's my take - all or nothing.  There is no gray area...

Offline Fiorot

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2020, 04:25:49 PM »
Nah, just made a half light hearted comment about you hijacking this thread with three posts that are off topic.
Now that is really funny about the hijacking.  As I understand it you have a Pizzeria Establishment.  If that is correct your attitude about cleanliness gives me pause not to eat at your place.   As a Public Service to all members who wish to avoid eating there you should give us the address   456

Offline Fiorot

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2020, 04:29:51 PM »
I don't think Dom was ever about the money.  I put him in the same category as Gerry Pero, who made pies at Totonno's back in the day.  Gerry didn't give a f..k if he burned your pie and  if it had a baseball-sized hole in it.  You either accepted it and paid for it or you became persona non grata.  He'd tell you to get the f..k out.
You probably never met the Johnny's of Mount Vernon Brothers when they were alive.   You would get yelled at for being 10 minutes late to pick up the pie.  I mean really screamed as if you ruined their art.   It was art and it still is to this day and it is spotless.

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
  • # 1 RATED PIZZERIA IN USA ON YELP
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2020, 05:34:45 PM »
You probably never met the Johnny's of Mount Vernon Brothers when they were alive.   You would get yelled at for being 10 minutes late to pick up the pie.  I mean really screamed as if you ruined their art.   It was art and it still is to this day and it is spotless.

Growing up in that era of old school and a teen in the early 70's I learned from these guys and like any young guy trying to be a man I got real good at emulating them.  It has taken over 50 years to tone down but inside I still grumble and talk sh*t to the oven when opening the door with the old school Italian curse words.  Living in an area where most people are ignorant to NY/NJ pizza culture it gets very frustrating like when someone wants an 1/2 Sicilian and 1/2 Ny on one pie.  Also the topping are so heavy I had to buy super light basswood peels.  My shoulder and elbow were starting to hurt all the time.  I use to say curse words when launching and removing those mega topped pies but now say - $40 a pie - early retirement  :-D.  On a serious note most people are innocently ignorant and don't mean to raise of the blood pressure   :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 05:37:56 PM by waltertore »
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

Offline Andrew Bellucci

• Bellucci Pizza
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2020, 08:29:35 PM »

I can just see why they would scream.  For me, timing is everything.  If you call in an order and say you want it at 7:30, I'll bust my ass to make sure it comes out at 7:30. Not 7:29 or 7:31.  And if you get there at 7:20 and ask for your pie with any type of attitude, I'll tell you to shut up until 7:30.  Until then you have no kick coming.  And if you come really late - and that happens a lot - I'll remake the pie.  But you'll incur my wrath.

I've been to Johnny's twice and enjoyed it.  But only recently, like 2017, 2018.  So I definitely didn't know the original guys...

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2020, 08:46:45 PM »
Pick me up at 8 ....and don't be late!  :-*
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Andrew Bellucci

• Bellucci Pizza
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2020, 08:56:36 PM »
Pick me up at 8 ....and don't be late!  :-*

Oh baby, that's a what I like!!!  Nothing wrong with a little Big Bopper!

Offline Josh123

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2020, 10:11:03 PM »
Now that is really funny about the hijacking.  As I understand it you have a Pizzeria Establishment.  If that is correct your attitude about cleanliness gives me pause not to eat at your place.   As a Public Service to all members who wish to avoid eating there you should give us the address   456

I wouldn’t let you in anyway, don’t worry

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
  • # 1 RATED PIZZERIA IN USA ON YELP
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2020, 10:21:29 PM »
I can just see why they would scream.  For me, timing is everything.  If you call in an order and say you want it at 7:30, I'll bust my ass to make sure it comes out at 7:30. Not 7:29 or 7:31.  And if you get there at 7:20 and ask for your pie with any type of attitude, I'll tell you to shut up until 7:30.  Until then you have no kick coming.  And if you come really late - and that happens a lot - I'll remake the pie.  But you'll incur my wrath.

I've been to Johnny's twice and enjoyed it.  But only recently, like 2017, 2018.  So I definitely didn't know the original guys...

That ain't PC out here on the west coast  :-D  I have had to turn my idle way down or I would get shot.  They got lots of guns in Nevada :-D  I am too old to tough up anymore.  Got no muscle in my bark. 
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

Offline Andrew Bellucci

• Bellucci Pizza
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2020, 11:05:10 PM »
That ain't PC out here on the west coast  :-D  I have had to turn my idle way down or I would get shot.  They got lots of guns in Nevada :-D  I am too old to tough up anymore.  Got no muscle in my bark.

That ain't PC here in pussyfied NYC neither.  I'm too old to change. I'd rather be hated for who I am than to be loved for who I'm not.

There's a bit of a gun culture here too. But it's all good. I can tell you from personal experience that Winston Churchill was dead on:  "There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at with no result"

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2020, 07:53:32 AM »
So goldbelly really has no quality control. It's a great deal for goldbelly bad deal for the customer. All goldbelly provides is the shipping material. It's up to the restaurants to make, cool, freeze, and seal (or vac seal) their product. So it's not consistent from vendor to vendor. The restaurant then decides what they want to sell it for, and goldbelly puts a markup on top of that.

Yep, as you wrote, it's up to the restaurant. Too bad Di Fara dropped the ball.

Sean Randazzo did it right. He now has a waiting list through June thanks to Dave and a good product!

Instagram @hans_michigan

Offline Fiorot

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2020, 01:58:43 PM »
I wouldn’t let you in anyway, don’t worry
   :'(

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2020, 02:36:31 PM »
  Gen Y  and Gen Z

Oh crap!  We've run out of gens!
John

Offline PizzaGuy5

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2020, 03:48:34 PM »
I just had some Di Fara's on Friday ... this is what it looks like from the shop.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2020, 03:59:15 PM »

Oh crap!  We've run out of gens!
John,

Fear not. Here comes Generation Alpha :-D.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Alpha

Peter

wordpress