A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Need help understanding warm up times for heat sink  (Read 359 times)

Offline Rockytop

• I Love Pizza!
Need help understanding warm up times for heat sink
« on: January 19, 2021, 10:09:08 AM »
I have a Gianni Acunto residential model (80) from Forza Forni. I am fairly new to making pizza (used a BIg Green Egg before) and I'm practicing and learning about this new oven.

I'm using it once or twice a week...usually like a Friday or a Friday and Saturday, so basically I'm starting it from cold most of the time. The oven is outside, but under a roof.

I've been warming it up for 3-4 hours, and going by the look of the dome and sides to tell me when it's ready. I check the temps too obviously. I use kiln dried oak and start my fire in the middle until the oven is white hot. I'm very happy with the results I'm seeing. I generally make between 3-6 pizzas, but will have times when I'm making pizza for 20-40 people in the future.

I'm seeing floor temperatures vary from 950 to around 750, and it definitely seems to fluctuate depending on the fire. I'm guessing that the oven needs more time for the heat sink to warm up for the oven to stabilize more.

I'm curious what kind of warm up times I might be looking at to get there. Is there anything close to a definitive  way to tell when the heat sink has fully absorbed the heat? http://
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 10:42:22 AM by Rockytop »

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
Re: Need help understanding warm up times for heat sink
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 12:35:03 PM »
This should tell you what you want to know  -->  https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=20479.0
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline Rockytop

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Need help understanding warm up times for heat sink
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 01:29:03 PM »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress