A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: My mobile oven build  (Read 513 times)

Offline peteH

• I Love Pizza!
My mobile oven build
« on: March 25, 2021, 07:54:36 AM »
I recently picked up my mobile oven exterior from the machine shop.  I will build the oven inside in the next month or so.  The exterior is diamond plate aluminum and the roof is removable to allow for the build and future maintenance.  The floor bricks will sit on 4" of 6:1 perlcrete and 1" of ceramic fiber board. 

Offline jeeptek1

• I Love Pizza!
Re: My mobile oven build
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 04:13:03 PM »
Looks Great ! Can wait to see it come together. Take lots of pictures. ;)

Offline peteH

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 01:57:37 PM »
I squeezed the trailer into a heated garage so we could pour the floor insulation.  We added the perlcrete floor insulation, 4.5" and that will be covered by a 1"  of ceramic fiber board to give it a smooth surface to lay the floor bricks on.

Offline peteH

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 10:24:44 AM »
Did some more work this weekend.  Added in the ceramic fiber board over the floor perlcrete, added in the floor bricks, and then added in the modular blocks (used from a retired oven) and added in the stainless steel flue - door setup. 

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 03:49:15 PM »
Are you sure that vent pipe is big enough? Very tough to tell, but from looking at bricks the diameter looks like 45-48 inches or so and the pipe looks like 6 inches. I think I'd want at least 8 inches. Maybe 10 if it would fit. I have a 42 inch oven with an 8 inch pipe and more of funnel shape leading into the pipe and I still get some smoke out the door sometimes. I fear this is on the lower end of the draft you need. Been a while since I built so I don't remember the recommended oven diameter/chimney pipe ratio.

Offline peteH

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 06:56:37 PM »
Hi Jon,  It is a 6" pipe, I don't worry too much about some smoke coming out the front, once the pipe heats up, it will draw most up the pipe. And once the oven gets real hot, there won't be too much smoke anyway.  The oven floor is 44" in diameter btw.

Offline peteH

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 12:45:22 PM »
Got to do some more last weekend, not a lot, but still on schedule.  Added the angle iron and roof bricks and then added the metal strap to tie it all together.  Next step will be to pour perlcrete around the blocks to both insulate and hold things in place.

Offline jeeptek1

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 03:53:21 PM »
 Looking good ! I'm wondering how the angle iron will hold up to 800-900 degrees ?

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 04:17:03 PM »
Lookin' good.
Bet you are looking forward to getting to the curing process.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline peteH

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2021, 04:27:22 PM »
Jeeptek1 - this used to be a stationary dryfit that we are transforming into a mobile oven.  The angle iron is pretty heavy and has held up well to many firings in the past.  We had to cut a few pieces to modify for this oven and it is still solid.

Offline peteH

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2021, 03:23:53 PM »
was able to finish this up .  Added perlcrete between the blocks and the cylinder, then added rocwool over the roof bricks.  Lid attached to the cylinder with rivet nuts. 

wordpress