A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: A Blackstone Down Under  (Read 135184 times)

Offline dylandylan

Re: A Blackstone Down Under
« Reply #820 on: January 19, 2018, 10:34:48 PM »
Beautiful pies.

It's interesting, that method never worked for me. If I launched at 7-750 and then blasted the heat. The bottom wouldn't be cooked enough for my liking, so you can wait, but then the cheese up top would be liquefied. What has worked best for me, was launching when the stone was 900-950, then lowering the heat to medium low. That allowed me to get the bottoms the way I wanted, without murdering the cheese up top. Your method clearly works very well, just didn't for me.

Interesting, I certainly have no trouble with underside bake, if anything I would like to get a fraction less on the bottom, but Iíve settled on an edible balance.  Your method sounds like fun!!

Offline rsaha

• Still waiting for the "aha"
« Reply #821 on: January 20, 2018, 10:36:51 PM »
Nice to see you still have your touch Dylan.

I've been away (winter in Canada) but we have a bit of a warm snap this weekend so I have some dough on the go for tomorrow and thought I'd have a look at the forum. I expect to run into trouble tomorrow as I am super rusty but still very excited...
Romain

Offline dylandylan

A Blackstone Down Under
« Reply #822 on: January 21, 2018, 12:53:17 AM »
Made a dozen pizza for my wifeís gathering. Only managed a couple of pics.  Overfermented Ischia starter. Constructive to learn that portabello mushrooms arenít half bad, much lower moisture content than Swiss Brown which alleviates the excess moisture I normally encounter with a fungi pie.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:58:41 AM by dylandylan »

Offline dylandylan

« Reply #823 on: January 21, 2018, 12:57:49 AM »
Nice to see you still have your touch Dylan.

I've been away (winter in Canada) but we have a bit of a warm snap this weekend so I have some dough on the go for tomorrow and thought I'd have a look at the forum. I expect to run into trouble tomorrow as I am super rusty but still very excited...

I had my Blackstone boxed up for about 6 months, I know the rusty feeling.  Itís like riding a bike, Iím sure youíll regain form quickly.

Offline skipreid45

• It's always Pizza Night
« Reply #824 on: January 24, 2018, 11:48:46 AM »
Great pies as usual Dylan. I am so glad to see you posting again. Winter should be ending in the southern US in a month or so. You have inspired me to crank out some pies on the BS sooner rather than later. Thanks for all of your contributions to this board.

Also when you have time, you should put a vid up of you making a margherita pie or perhaps a dough making tutorial. You are very skilled.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 11:50:47 AM by skipreid45 »

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #825 on: January 24, 2018, 01:37:10 PM »
No rust on your hands. Those look awesome. I don't know that anyone does NP on the BS better.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #826 on: January 24, 2018, 01:58:29 PM »
No rust on your hands. Those look awesome. I don't know that anyone does NP on the BS better.

Tru dat mate!😊 Those mushroom pies, can just stare at them!!!
Jon

ďThe two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.Ē            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline dylandylan

« Reply #827 on: February 05, 2018, 10:03:29 PM »
A sneaky marg.  NZ buffalo mozzarella for a change, nice!

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #828 on: February 06, 2018, 09:45:08 AM »
A sneaky marg.  NZ buffalo mozzarella for a change, nice!

So legit. I miss my blackstone. I have it stuck in storage somewhere. I've been using the uuni lately. such a powerful little oven
instagram.com/obsauced