A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.  (Read 342792 times)

Offline sven147

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.
« Reply #1200 on: January 03, 2018, 03:27:51 AM »
hm, could be. i usually knead the dough for 10 minutes, than rest for 2 hours room temperature. than i make the balls and let the dough rest for 20 h in the fride in a dough rising box.

Offline Greenlai

« Reply #1201 on: January 03, 2018, 05:03:09 AM »
Thanks for your help. But the stone temperature is just 350 - 390 c celsius, ist that to hot?

I was thinking about to low hydration (55%) with the caputo blue flour.
With M1 mod I would aim for 350C and 3min bake time. Because of the longer bake time, you need a higher hydration to stop your dough drying out and being hard and chewy. 55% is on the low side, for lower temp oven, maybe try higher hydration.

You have to remember with M1 mod, a high a stone temperature doesn't mean your oven air temp is as high enough to cook the top of the pizza because the stone is heated by both top and bottom elements. Hence you need to aim for a lower stone temp to allow the upper element enough time to cook the top of the pizza.

I wouldn't bother with Caputo unless you can get close to Neopolitan Pizza temperatures (480-500C).

Also removed any sugar from your dough recipe.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 05:41:16 AM by Greenlai »

Offline cypress

• Pizza Life. One Slice At A Time
« Reply #1202 on: January 03, 2018, 06:38:14 PM »
hm, could be. i usually knead the dough for 10 minutes, than rest for 2 hours room temperature. than i make the balls and let the dough rest for 20 h in the fride in a dough rising box.

the recipe is close to the one i use except the yeast level is too high. try 0.5 - 1 grams of (fresh) yeast for that amount of dough. this will be enough. are you letting the dough balls warm up after you take them out of the fridge? this would be crucial. i let them warm up at RT for at least 4 hours.
if you do a cold ferment 20 h is not enough though. just give RT ferment a shot. you can always put the extra dough balls you don't use in the fridge just don't forget to reball before you do. take them out 4-5 h before baking and you'll be fine.
make sure you check out fidel montoya's youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/fidelmontoya
there is some great stuff on there.

Offline sven147

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1203 on: January 04, 2018, 03:22:05 AM »
thanks for your help. i did some pizzas yesterday with 60 % hydration and the caputo cuoco flour, 2 h rise, than made balls an put them for 24 h in the fridge. 2 h before baking the balls rested at room temperature (dough temp was 20 c celsius). stone was 350 c. results was ok but nothing special (made marinara for testing only). next time i will try to increase hydration to 65%.

Regarding the yeast, i use 1 g of "Paneangeli Lievito di Birra" for 500 grams flour

Offline Greenlai

« Reply #1204 on: January 04, 2018, 05:28:22 AM »
thanks for your help. i did some pizzas yesterday with 60 % hydration and the caputo cuoco flour, 2 h rise, than made balls an put them for 24 h in the fridge. 2 h before baking the balls rested at room temperature (dough temp was 20 c celsius). stone was 350 c. results was ok but nothing special (made marinara for testing only). next time i will try to increase hydration to 65%.

Regarding the yeast, i use 1 g of "Paneangeli Lievito di Birra" for 500 grams flour

From your pictures you can see that the bottom and top of your pizzas have the same level of browning because you lowered your stone temperature to 350C. When I did the M1 mod, I found I needed to up the hydration to 75% and over ferment slightly to get something close to Neopolitan but it was more difficult to handle.

The other thing you can try is to shield your stone from the upper element a bit allowing it to heat up without heating the stone by putting an aluminium pizza tray like in the picture. Then you might be able to increase your stone temp a little.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:46:18 AM by Greenlai »

Offline finchy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1205 on: January 06, 2018, 04:08:32 PM »
Hi there!

Does anyone know where to buy online such upper aluminum deflectors? I live in Belgium and looked everywhere but can't find them...
Thx!

Offline sven147

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1206 on: January 06, 2018, 04:12:37 PM »
i use thick 44 cm bbq aluminium foil which works really good

Offline cypress

« Reply #1207 on: January 06, 2018, 05:39:42 PM »
Hi there!

Does anyone know where to buy online such upper aluminum deflectors? I live in Belgium and looked everywhere but can't find them...
Thx!

i use this. fits perfectly and is really thick. http://www.mybbq.de/Camp-Chef-Dutch-Oven-Aluminium-Schale-30-cm-3er-Pack

Offline cypress

« Reply #1208 on: January 06, 2018, 06:12:59 PM »
here is the first result from my new oven. i ordered two heating elements from coera. a 1200w and a 1400w one. the 1400w element is really 1600w. so i popped the bigger one in and it is a bit hard to handle. i have it on a dimmer so i'll keep screwing with it for a while and see if i can dial it just right.

dough:
tre grazie red bag
-61 % hydration
-2 g fresh yeast / liter
-2.7 % salt

bulk: 17 h @ 22C
balled: 8h @ 22C

bake time: 50 seconds
stone temp: 480C

so far i am happy with the first result. 50 seconds is too quick though, the dough was a tad undercooked in some areas. but i am confident i can squeeze in 10 more seconds  :P

Offline sven147

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1209 on: January 07, 2018, 02:01:33 PM »
Wow that's extreme modding. Isn't it time for a professional oven like the p134h?

Offline cypress

« Reply #1210 on: January 07, 2018, 03:18:22 PM »
Wow that's extreme modding. Isn't it time for a professional oven like the p134h?

i will be buying a subito cotto 80 WFO in the spring. should be fun! the p134h is not bad but you have to modify that one as well to get really good results.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:20:03 PM by cypress »

Offline finchy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1211 on: January 07, 2018, 05:21:01 PM »
i use this. fits perfectly and is really thick. http://www.mybbq.de/Camp-Chef-Dutch-Oven-Aluminium-Schale-30-cm-3er-Pack

Thank you very very much!!!  ;D ;D ;D
I found out a webshop in the Netherlands have them as well!

Offline cypress

« Reply #1212 on: January 07, 2018, 06:55:11 PM »
Thank you very very much!!!  ;D ;D ;D
I found out a webshop in the Netherlands have them as well!

great! i spent DAYS looking for the right aluminum pan. they seem to be more common in italy in that size.

Offline finchy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1213 on: January 09, 2018, 05:43:04 AM »
great! i spent DAYS looking for the right aluminum pan. they seem to be more common in italy in that size.

I spent about 6 months looking... ???
Do you happen to have pictures of your pizzapan so I can see how to cut the aluminum dish so it fits? Thx!

Offline cypress

« Reply #1214 on: January 10, 2018, 03:01:17 PM »
I spent about 6 months looking... ???
Do you happen to have pictures of your pizzapan so I can see how to cut the aluminum dish so it fits? Thx!

thats a long time  ;D
okay so i added an image for you to check out where to cut the dish. i removed the inner part of the dome and the heating element when i installed it. you basically position it in the middle of the inner dome (the thing you remove) as good as you can and just press down evenly and follow the contours of the dome. then you cut the edges say every 10 cm so you can fold it around. there will be some excess material but don't cut it off, it will be hidden under the outer dome once you put the inner dome back in. there you go!

Offline hideout

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1215 on: January 19, 2018, 02:47:58 PM »
i think i am finally ready to dive into this world. it looks like the models i can find relatively cheaply are the deni pizza bella, pizza pronto, or new wave  (i am in the us so i will need a 110v model). are there any significant differences between them? it looks like the new wave has the pac-man element while the other two are round. thanks!

Offline cypress

« Reply #1216 on: January 19, 2018, 07:36:49 PM »
i think i am finally ready to dive into this world. it looks like the models i can find relatively cheaply are the deni pizza bella, pizza pronto, or new wave  (i am in the us so i will need a 110v model). are there any significant differences between them? it looks like the new wave has the pac-man element while the other two are round. thanks!

i would definitely get one with a round top element. the new wave looks like a napoli clone and should work with the usual mods. so if you are planning on modding your oven i'd go for that one because you can find a lot of information on modding napolis.

Offline MaximTheTerrible

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1217 on: February 05, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »
Hello guys! I love all your Pizzas in this thread. I am a Pizza lover and few days ago I found G3 Ferrari Pizza ovens on youtube. They made fantastic job after few modifications. Here in Poland I found two ovens available:

Optima Electra Pizza Express Napoli
https://jakumammy.pl/piece-do-pizzy/10-domowy-piec-do-pizzy-optima-electra-pizza-express-napoli.html

and...

G3Ferrari
https://www.morele.net/opiekacz-g3ferrari-piec-do-pizzy-g10006-758701/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjdOItZOP2QIVBMAYCh0JmwWKEAYYAiABEgL___D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Could you guys help me to choose better one? I want to modify it and add one heating element on the top for sure.

Thanks for help ;)

Offline cypress

« Reply #1218 on: February 06, 2018, 09:12:32 PM »
hi there,
i would go for the optima but you have to consider the new ones all have 115v heating elements. which means the top and bottom elements are wired in serial to work with 230v. so you can't separate them. if you want to add another element to the top you will either have to find a 230v element for the bottom or only use the ones that come with the oven but put them both in the dome.
good luck! and be sure to post your progress here.

Offline sven147

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1219 on: February 07, 2018, 02:50:31 AM »
To be honest i would rather go for something like this if you have the space. I have a modded napoli clone and it is hard to get good results. Its just 200 and you can adjust the top and bottom temperature seperatly. http://amzn.to/2nQcxbd

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 02:54:02 AM by sven147 »

wordpress