A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Need recommendations for indoor WFO for our home  (Read 273 times)

Offline [email protected]

• I Love Pizza!
Need recommendations for indoor WFO for our home
« on: December 06, 2021, 05:39:48 PM »
We are building our "forever" house for our retirement, and we would like to install a WFO in our kitchen.  Our focus is Neapolitan pizza.  We want to kick it old school, so we are not really interested in gas or electric. But we've discarded the idea of an outdoor WFO because of the heat/mosquitoes here in Texas. I would love to hear from other forum members who have an indoor WFO in their home kitchen. Which model do you have?  Do you like it? Are we crazy to put a WFO indoors?  We'd like something that heats up relatively quickly.  We won't be making more than a few pizzas at a time, so heat retention is less important...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 06:38:40 PM by [email protected] »

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Need recommendations for indoor WFO for our home
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 05:53:11 PM »
Your not crazy to put a wfo indoors.  If you want it to heat up quickly I would stay away from commercial ovens and look into ovens made especially for residential use. That means thin walls and floor.   Beware, some companies dont have thin walled ovens and they will try to sell you a thick walled oven with a thick floor in a small size and call that a residential oven.   The thicker the wall the longer its going to take to be saturated with heat on warm up, and baking in a fully saturated oven is easier and gives you better pizzas too. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 05:56:18 PM by scott r »

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 06:02:46 PM »
For some perspective, I had an oven with a 2.25 inch deep floor and I could cook 140 pizzas on it with 6 pizzas at a time almost completely blanketing the floor before I started loosing the floor heat.  That oven was also not very well insulated...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 07:19:47 PM by scott r »

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 06:42:05 PM »
Your not crazy to put a wfo indoors.  If you want it to heat up quickly I would stay away from commercial ovens and look into ovens made especially for residential use. That means thin walls and floor.   Beware, some companies dont have thin walled ovens and they will try to sell you a thick walled oven with a thick floor in a small size and call that a residential oven.   The thicker the wall the longer its going to take to be saturated with heat on warm up, and baking in a fully saturated oven is easier and gives you better pizzas too.

Scott, thanks for the advice!  Do you have any models that you'd recommend?

Offline JeffShoaf

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 08:54:14 PM »
The Fontana Forni commercial ovens are rated for indoor use but I don't know about their residential ovens. I'm sure they can advise you if you call them.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 09:17:07 PM »
Scott, thanks for the advice!  Do you have any models that you'd recommend?

I am very knowledgeable about the current commercial offerings, but not about all the many options for residential ovens as the market seems to have exploded lately.   I think you should hear about quite a few options here as others see this thread and try to help out.

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 07:59:51 AM »
Here's a member who has done this twice, I think. https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=13956.0
Marty

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 12:14:39 PM »
Here's a member who has done this twice, I think. https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=13956.0

Thank you apizza!  That was a very helpful thread - going to check out the FGM ovens now!

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 12:20:04 PM »
Thank you apizza!  That was a very helpful thread - going to check out the FGM ovens now!

If you decide to go with the FGM, I'd recommend the "Raised" option. I'm sorry I didn't get it with mine.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2021, 06:41:38 PM »

You should send them a PM and maybe set up some phone calls! They have done and posted great stuff!!!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”-----------Mark Twain

"If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve."---------The Root Beer Lady

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."---------Muhammad Ali