A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Newbie Topics / Re: Thin base no kneed pizza?
« Last post by aamcle on Today at 05:44:39 AM »
That worked very much better.

Thanks.                        aamcle
Ask the Dough Doctor / Re: Differences between 00 flour and bread flour
« Last post by Yael on Today at 05:35:58 AM »
For anyone interested, you can view the 2 volumes of EJ Pyler's Baking Science and Technology at the following link:

https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/001046722

Yael, yes the French should know a thing or two about bread-making ;), and should have some good books on the subject.  Another sacred text on baking is Le Goût du Pain by Raymond Calvel.

Rolls

Thank you for the link ! Woaw, the book looks very complete !!
Neapolitan Style / Re: Napolitan verace pizza with natural yeast
« Last post by amih77 on Today at 02:53:40 AM »
Hi guys
Here are the latest pizza on Sunday evening.
1000 grams flour Marine Mill 00, 70% hydration 29 grams of salt - 75 grams mother paste.
5 hours of self-service + 9 hours + 10 hours temperature 22 ° C for leavening.
Cooking 60/65 seconds - Wood oven 550 ° C.

CONDIMENTS:

first pizza: Yellow tomato, mozzarella agerola, toma cheese, borratane onions in sweet and sour and taggiasca olives

second pizza: Tomato, Taggiasca olives, broccoli, garlic and oregano

third pizza: tomato, cooked ham, friarielli, agerola and smoked buffalo

fourth pizza: agerola mozzarella, toma cheese, tropea onion, spring onion, sechuan pepper

Hi SAUZER,

I'm noticing you are going higher in hydration - do you think the taste and texture improves because of that? Interesting that the "formal" VPN recipe calls for less than 60% water..

I'd like to hear your thoughts!
Off-Topic Foods / Re: honolulu eats
« Last post by quietdesperation on Today at 02:14:54 AM »
Love those giant plates of fried rice! My family always puts too many veggies in and ruins it when they try making it at home...  :angel:

this had kimchi, egg, char sui and Portuguese chorizo. Just an overwhelming amount of food.

here's dessert tonight: shaved ice with snowcap (condensed milk), fresh strawberry, lilikoi, frozen yogurt, mochi and lilikoi boba. Not the best on the island but very good and convenient to our hotel. we paid our caloric debt with a hike from our hotel to the top of diamond head.

tomorrow is ono poke day...
Pizza Toppings / Re: Favorite combination of toppings?
« Last post by waltertore on Today at 01:16:07 AM »
sauce, cheese - I eat 2 slices a day and never get tired of it. 
General Pizza Making / Re: Adding yogurt/sour cream to pizza dough
« Last post by Jackitup on Today at 12:55:35 AM »
You could also try an extended poolish with pretty much any formula. The Apizza Scholls is a great one to start with, but can work well with others too!
« Last post by Jackitup on Today at 12:52:18 AM »
Btw, the 2 ingredient thing is really good!
« Last post by Jackitup on Today at 12:13:32 AM »
I did buttermilk once, burned like crazy on the bottom.
General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by foreplease on Yesterday at 11:35:22 PM »
Btw, KABF flour, bones and crust had a little chew without being tough, bones were like lite crispy little bread sticks. Skin was painted with roasted garlic oil!
I am definitely smelling what you are stepping in! Those look excellent to me. Will be interested in how the rest of the experiment works out.
General Pizza Making / Adding yogurt/sour cream to pizza dough
« Last post by Chi_Guy on Yesterday at 11:33:35 PM »
I've been looking for ways to add more flavor to my Lehmann NY pizza dough recipe.  What I'm really after is some sourdough like tang but without having to deal with a starter and the care and feeding involved.  It occurred to me that naan often has yogurt in it giving it a nice tangy flavor.  That led me to wonder about the effects of putting a fermented milk product like yogurt or sour cream in pizza dough.  Yogurt has live active cultures in it so it seems logical that it can provide a tart flavor similar to a sourdough culture.

I searched the form and the only thing I could find was a 2-ingredient yogurt + self-rising flour dough recipe which is different kind of dough altogether.  I'm just looking to add the minimum amount of yogurt/sour cream/buttermilk/kefir necessary to impart flavor without adversely affecting the yeast or other dough properties.  Has anyone ever tried adding yogurt in the dough?  How much and what was the finished product like?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
wordpress