Pages:
Actions
  • #18901 by kori on 16 Jul 2021
  • Pizzaguy24601

That's a great photo, pizza looks gooood....

Kori B
  • #18902 by jsaras on 16 Jul 2021
  • Camarillo Bar Pizza DOC (Denominazione di Camarillo; the “other DOC).  9-hour sourdough crust made with Red Star instant sourdough yeast. 

My interest in making pizza really began after I had my first Grimaldi's pizza over a decade ago.  When I saw a dough formulation posted here recently, I noticed that it was extremely close to my current bar pie formulation.  So even though I'm using the dough in a different setting, I feel like I've come full-circle without intending to do so.

Saputo Premium Gold Mozz, Pecorino Romano, Parmigiano Reggiano, Kirkland San Marzano Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, Trader Joe’s Uncured Applewood Smoked Salami, Temecula Olive Oil Company EVOO, Garden Basil, Oregano.
  • #18903 by nickyr on 17 Jul 2021
  • The first professional photo of my pizzeria!
    Congrats!
  • #18904 by nickyr on 17 Jul 2021
  • Beyond meat sausage, black olives, spinach, garlic. Used Bella rosano mozzarella for the first time and I felt like it had really good cheese pull! Pythonic’s lou malnati’s crust.
  • #18905 by Bbqguy on 17 Jul 2021
  • So the day before yesterday I decided to try Vito’s Next Level Double Ferment Dough. For some reason I somehow missed in the video where he said if you’re  using dry yeast to use 5 grams. I did a  conversion from fresh yeast to instant and wound up using .16% which worked out to 1.07 grams (it should actually have been 2 grams IDY). Overall even with the mistake it still came out pretty good.
  • #18906 by 02ebz06 on 17 Jul 2021
  • Today's lunch...
    Made a big improvement in my NY pizzas.
    No longer put oil the dough.
    Makes the crust crisper.
    Not shown, but I can do a slight fold of a slice and it stays straight out. No droop at all.
  • #18907 by gloopdegurp on 17 Jul 2021
  • Sicilian from last night.

Dough: ADM Dominator HG, 68.27% water, 3% Carnation Malted Milk Powder, 2.52% ancient sea salt (Yeah, they got me), 0.33% IDY. Mixed in Ankarsrum for 8 1/2 minutes after dough came together, 14 1/2 minutes whole process. Still playing with it. Bench rest during clean up, balled and bagged for almost five day CF.
    I was figuring less CF than that but things happen.
    Dough proofed out of fridge for about two hours in lard greased pan. Kitchen very warm.
    Thickness Factor near 0.16.

Sauce: About 50/50 Saporito and 7/11, thinned with water and seasoned with ground black pepper, garlic powder, and ground thyme. 14 ounces by weight. I used a couple of ounces of this, diluted by about an equal amount of additional water, as a wash for par baking.

Cheese is John F. Martin LMPS Mozzarella. 16 ounces.

Other toppings are some chopped fresh garlic, sliced yellow onion, D&W pep, and canned Portabella chunks.

Baked in home electric oven set to just under 500° F, on tiles for 10 minutes par and 15 minute dressed bake.

Party sliced (of course!)

It seems like I had a bit of a gum line, but it tastes fine.

• #18908 by PC105105 on 17 Jul 2021
  • Tried something a little different, unique flavor profile. Salty, sweet, spicy. It sounds weird but you can’t knock it until you try it.

Olive oil base, honey Gouda, Gorgonzola, fresh mozz, sautéed onions, thinly sliced Bosc pears, and raspberries. Post bake Mike’s hot honey drizzle.

Perfect summer pizza, light and extremely crispy.
  • #18909 by mathematics28 on 17 Jul 2021
  • Today's lunch...
    Made a big improvement in my NY pizzas.
    No longer put oil the dough.
    Makes the crust crisper.
    Not shown, but I can do a slight fold of a slice and it stays straight out. No droop at all.
    If you used all trumps flour you wouldnt have that oil issue.
  • #18910 by Monkeyboy on 19 Jul 2021
  • Made a few Calzones yesterday.  Was excited for this idea.  Huevos Rancheros.

Did a 63% hydration dough, 50/50 All Trumps + Caputo Chefs 00.  Wanted the Hi Gluten so the Calzones were more stout.  24hour Poolish, then mix, ball, rest, fridge overnight, then made the next afternoon.

Inside was garlic Ricotta, cheddar, mozzarella, Goya Black Bean soup (used the beans, not the liquid), onions, garlic, basil.

500 oven, baking steel, egg wash.

When done cooking, topped with salsa, enchilada hot sauce, Cholula, avocado, and a 7 minute egg.

Flavors were great, but was a mistake to top it with the liquid-y salsa.  Would have been better to dip.

• #18911 by nickyr on 20 Jul 2021
  • Made a few Calzones yesterday.  Was excited for this idea.  Huevos Rancheros.

Did a 63% hydration dough, 50/50 All Trumps + Caputo Chefs 00.  Wanted the Hi Gluten so the Calzones were more stout.  24hour Poolish, then mix, ball, rest, fridge overnight, then made the next afternoon.

Inside was garlic Ricotta, cheddar, mozzarella, Goya Black Bean soup (used the beans, not the liquid), onions, garlic, basil.

500 oven, baking steel, egg wash.

When done cooking, topped with salsa, enchilada hot sauce, Cholula, avocado, and a 7 minute egg.

Flavors were great, but was a mistake to top it with the liquid-y salsa.  Would have been better to dip.
    Whoa that’s pretty cool
  • #18912 by Pete_da_Bayer on 22 Jul 2021
  • Hi there,
    one picture of four pizzas yesterday evening.
    Dough specs.
    95%   Pizzuti Costa d´Amalfi
    5%     La Vialla Tipo 2
    70%   water
    2,8%  salt
    0,17% fresh yeast
    bulk fermentation
    1h @ 24°C, 43h ct
    balls
    4h @ 24°C
    dough-ball weight 250g
     :chef:
  • #18913 by HansB on 22 Jul 2021
  • Hot Italian sausage, vodka sauce, and hot honey. Baked in the Blackstone @750°
  • #18914 by texmex on 22 Jul 2021
  • Hot Italian sausage, vodka sauce, and hot honey. Baked in the Blackstone @750°
    Is that provolone? Thin crust, with docking?
  • #18915 by HansB on 22 Jul 2021
  • Is that provolone? Thin crust, with docking?

Rolled, then docked. The cheese is 75% sliced WM mozz and 25% sliced provolone with some shredded LMPS mozz on top.
  • #18916 by Papa T on 23 Jul 2021
  • My late night pizza crave, made from scratch to eating in four hours.

At 9:30 PM I knew it was going to be a wee-hours long night working on a project and I was wanting some pizza, of course. Not wanting to eat something too heavy as I had much work ahead, I decided to make a grandma type dough and bake it in a 10 inch round Lloyd pan. Wanting it to be light, it was made using just a smattering of cheese and mostly sauce. A lot of sauce. Basically a red tomato pie.

I made the dough using a no-knead method. Combining the ingredients in a bowl, I mixed with a silicone spatula until there was no particulate matter to be seen; about two minutes. Then I let it rest in the bowl covered for about 10 minutes for the flour to hydrate a bit.

Then I used the spatula to start folding and pressing the dough until it was less shaggy looking, and then with wet hands, began grabbing and folding it on itself until it looked homogenous; about 3 minutes. I covered it and let it sit for one hour. I then did four stretch and folds, and recovered to sit about another hour. Then I did four more stretch and folds, and covered it for about 45 minutes.

I then removed the dough from the bowl with wet hands and put it my board with a bit of flour to work into a ball, covered it, and let it sit on the board about 30 minutes. It puffed up well, so I put it in an EVOO oiled pan and stretched it as much as it would. I let it sit 5-10 minutes between stretches until it filled the pan edge to edge. Third stretch and it was good to go; about 20 minutes for the stretching process. I then brushed the top with a bit of EVOO, added a few grinds of black pepper, sprinkled on a bit of garlic powder since I was too lazy to mince some fresh, and added a sprinkling of dried oregano.

I had about one ounce of LMWM mozzarella left over that I had shredded for a prior bake, so I put that on the pie to use it up. It was sparse. Then I topped that with about seven ounces of sauce. It was sauce heavy for sure. My standard sauce is whole peeled tomatoes, ground with a pastry cutter, and kosher salt added to taste. I get more favorable comments on that sauce than any other sauce I’ve ever made, so it’s what I usually make and use. I then grated about an ounce of parmesan on the sauce. Into a 475F preheated oven, it went, on the bottom rack without a stone. Bake time was 12.5 minutes to get the bottom to where I like it, turning the pizza 180 at about 7 minutes. The pizza was easily removed from the Lloyd pan with an offset cake icing spatula.

Good crunch on the bottom crust and edges from the oil. Brushing the dough with EVOO definitely helped in reducing the gum line that happens with lots of wet on the topping side. The pizza was light, fluffy, had a delicate bite and chew. It came out better than I expected, and I ate the whole thing, which I can’t do when I top a pizza with typical amounts of cheese. I will definitely make this again but perhaps with more time for the dough to have a more proper rise and ferment

I wanted a 250 gram dough ball for the pizza, so I made a 265 gram batch, figuring I’d lose some along the way of making it. The final dough ball for the pan weighted 253 grams.

My basic grandma dough recipe. It can be scaled for home size batches.
    Just multiply the dough batch size you want to make by 55.87% (.5887) to get the amount of flour needed for the batch, then use the baker’s percentages below to calculate the other ingredients based on the flour amount calculated.

Flour, KABF, 150 grams, 100%
    Water, filtered, 115F 105 grams, 70%. Normally I use RT filtered water. My kitchen RT is typically 78F.
    Oil, EVOO, 7.5 grams, 5%
    Salt, 3 grams, 2%
    Yeast, IDY, 3 grams, 2%. Normally I use 0.5%, but for rapid dough, I use 4 times the amount.
  • #18917 by nickyr on 24 Jul 2021
  • Grandma with stuff I had leftover in the freezer and stuff I had on a plant.

cheddar, mozzarella, a bit of Muenster and pecorino Romano, vodka sauce, tomato sauce, and 10 Serrano peppers
  • #18918 by Papa T on 24 Jul 2021
  • This is too pretty to eat. It's pizza art. Just wow!

Grandma with stuff I had leftover in the freezer and stuff I had on a plant.

cheddar, mozzarella, a bit of Muenster and pecorino Romano, vodka sauce, tomato sauce, and 10 Serrano peppers
  • #18919 by 02ebz06 on 24 Jul 2021
  • First attempt at SSBP with a new Lloyd's 14" pan.
    Have mozz/prov 50/50 blend and cheddar, with pepperoni and sausage on it.
    Pretty happy with results.  Was very good.  Will definitely do again.
    Only problem I had was stretching, it would tear in spots.
    Might be my fault though, instructions said to stretch it in the oiled pan, and I did it on the counter.
    I will try stretching in the pan next time.

Recipe used:
    225g SGAP
    Water  52%
    IDY  1%
    Salt  2%
    Sugar  1.42%
    Corn Oil  9.33%
    Dough balls was approx. 373g for a 14" pizza.

• #18920 by nickyr on 24 Jul 2021
  • This is too pretty to eat. It's pizza art. Just wow!
    Haha thanks! We ate it :-)
Pages:
Actions