A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Dough Calculator  (Read 861 times)

Offline nlavon

• I Love Pizza!
Dough Calculator
« on: February 01, 2021, 11:13:48 AM »
I am sure this is blindingly obvious but I have a question concerning the Pizza Dough Generator on the site and its results for preferment amounts.

I would like to use a 20 percent poolish which I have always understood was 20 percent of the total flour weight with an equal amount of weight of water, plus a small amount of yeast. So when I put the 20 percent preferment figure into the calculator for a 610 gram doughball, and click the total percent of flour, it comes out with a preferment flour total of 35 grams, or ten percent of the total flour. I was manually using 20 percent of the total flour weight which came out to be 72.2 grams. It appears to me that the preferment total of ingredients in the calculator seems to be about 20 percent of the total doughball weight. Is that how the poolish is determined?

I am confused as to how the calculator determines the poolish percentage of flour as compared to my past 20% of the total flour weight.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Offline JimG

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Dough Calculator
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 07:36:47 AM »
First off I want to say I am new to this forum and this is my first post.  I think it is calculating 10% because your poolish is 50/50 flour to water.  Just my guess. 

Offline nlavon

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Dough Calculator
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 01:33:30 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress