A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: al Taglio - is it all just the flour?  (Read 1047 times)

Offline ecolumbia99

• I Love Pizza!
al Taglio - is it all just the flour?
« on: July 09, 2020, 08:35:27 PM »
I started making al taglio pizzas using KABF a couple of months ago. I was never satisfied with the result. While the resulting pizza was good I never found the light and airy quality that I was after.

Earlier this week I ordered some Caputo Nuvola super to use with al taglio pizzas. The difference between using KABF and Caputo Nuvola Super is very large. I was worried that my 550 home oven would not be hot enough but it seems to do just fine.

With Caputo Nuvola Super the bottom crust is crunchy, the top is also a bit crunchy, but the dough in the middle is very airy and light. The dough has a good spider web of dough that is a bit wet to the taste which I think makes it taste good.

Also the Nuvola Super is much easier to handle through out the process especially when moving the dough to the pan.

I have much more learn but I was wondering if anyone else is as impressed with Caputo Nuvola Super for their al taglio dough?

Also - are there other flours I should try? I was thinking that Poselli Super flour must be similar to Caputo Nuvola Super.

Thanks

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
Re: al Taglio - is it all just the flour?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 09:41:19 PM »
Hi,

I like to compare this with motorcycle racing, because one of my brother used to race. He was very good, but the problem, whereas every racer had the latest new motorcycle, he could only afford 2 or 3-years-old used ones. He could drive as professionally as the first ones: trajectories, braking, acceleration... he had good experience and was much better than the average. But the latest motorcycles were always providing a better braking, a better acceleration, a better suspension...

Back to our flours: you can get a good-to-great result out of almost any flour, but when you use a flour that is specially designed for your use, then it will be better, if not much better!
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline jkannen

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 02:01:58 AM »
I just got some Polselli Super but am really having trouble with it. It doesn't seem to have the protein content I was expecting.

I started making al taglio pizzas using KABF a couple of months ago. I was never satisfied with the result. While the resulting pizza was good I never found the light and airy quality that I was after.

Earlier this week I ordered some Caputo Nuvola super to use with al taglio pizzas. The difference between using KABF and Caputo Nuvola Super is very large. I was worried that my 550 home oven would not be hot enough but it seems to do just fine.

With Caputo Nuvola Super the bottom crust is crunchy, the top is also a bit crunchy, but the dough in the middle is very airy and light. The dough has a good spider web of dough that is a bit wet to the taste which I think makes it taste good.

Also the Nuvola Super is much easier to handle through out the process especially when moving the dough to the pan.

I have much more learn but I was wondering if anyone else is as impressed with Caputo Nuvola Super for their al taglio dough?

Also - are there other flours I should try? I was thinking that Poselli Super flour must be similar to Caputo Nuvola Super.

Thanks

Offline DoouBall

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 09:45:19 PM »
Yes, I also love Caputo Nuvola Super for this style. I have some 80% hydrated Nuvola Super in the fridge ready to make Pizza in Pala tomorrow. It feels like a dream to handle.
Alex

Outdoor Oven: Blackstone. Indoor Oven: Gaggenau.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress