A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Bought a Ninja Creami  (Read 110 times)

Offline Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
Bought a Ninja Creami
« on: October 16, 2021, 07:18:56 PM »
Had a 30% Kohls's, plus a $10 off, plus a $15 off, and $20 Kohls's cash. This was the only ice cream maker Kohls had in the store.  I bought it so a 6 year old who's addicted to ice cream can learn how to make it at home.

You make the base and put it in the freezer for 24 hours, then it takes a couple of minutes for the machine to turn it into ice cream.  The Cuisinart I was looking at, you freeze the empty container for a day before you start. So they both work out to take the same time. It comes with 3 pint containers.  None of the recipes in the included book require you to heat the milk or do anything fancy. She measured everything out and mixed it.  Then we put it in the freezer for a few days. About 90 seconds in ice cream mode then maybe a minute with mix in mode (mini chocolate chips + cookie dough) and it was done. Came out really good, I was impressed at how creamy it was. It also makes Gelato and Sorbet and has a mix-in mode for adding chunks of stuff.  It was almost the consistency of a Blizzard, very soft and melted fairly quick. She absolutely loved it, the only part she doesn't like is having to wait 24 hours after making the base lol.  Also it only makes a pint, but comes with 3 containers and you can buy more for $10 each. For people like me who don't ice cream often at all, but when we do we go all out. It only being a pint's a plus because I will undoubtedly eat the entire thing in 1 sitting.

I'm unsure how it works, it looks like some type of blender-y thing. I was wondering if when you put it back in the freezer after making it if it would turn into ice or something. But the texture a day later's still like a good ice cream.  I'll probably look up a Gelato recipe so I can make something to go with the pizzas I'm making tomorrow. Also, open a can of pineapple and pour everything in a container and freeze it for a day and BOOM it makes sorbet, doesn't get any easier than that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 07:26:02 PM by Quebert »

Offline Pizza_Not_War

Re: Bought a Ninja Creami
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 07:37:58 PM »
I looked at it briefly and then remembered I don't eat ice cream anymore. Looks like fun, enjoy it!

Offline deb415611

• Lifetime Member
Re: Bought a Ninja Creami
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 09:15:45 AM »
these were on sale at Kohls today, I had a 40% coupon and am earning kohls cash and rewards.  I just ordered one to try it out.  I'd like something somewhat quick and I don't want to invest the $ or space for a really good machine. 
Deb

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress