A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Costco Pizza Cheese  (Read 524 times)

Offline ira

• I try to cook Pizza!
Costco Pizza Cheese
« on: October 21, 2021, 02:10:07 PM »
I was at Costco last night and grabbed a couple of boxes for my stuff. Quite different boxes than usual and when I got home I realized that they were food court cheese boxes. Since I've never seen this before, I though there might be interest or that it should at least be saved for historical record. It's a blend of Mozzarella and Provolone made by Saputo.

Offline Puzzolento

Re: Costco Pizza Cheese
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 10:40:09 PM »
I used to make a lot of pizzas in a big church kitchen, and I tried various brands. I got a Grande rep to give me bags of mozzarella and 50/50. I didn't like Grande. It was very bland. The cheese combination I liked better than anything was Costco shredded mozzarella combined with sliced GFS provolone. It was magnificent. The Costco cheese was labeled part-skim, but it wasn't like other part-skim brands. It didn't burn in a hurry, and it didn't swamp the pies with oil.

I tried just about everything out there. I tried whatever Sysco sells. I also tried Belgioioso.

I moved, so now I can't get my favorite products without driving a long way.

I have gotten good results with sliced Land o' Lakes mozzarella from the deli at Publix, and lately I have been using Sargento sliced provolone. If it weren't so chewy, I'd be satisfied with it.

Offline johnnytuinals

Re: Costco Pizza Cheese
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 11:29:38 PM »
I have been using Grande WM and the East Coast Blend since 2011.
I will never change but wondering what does a Whole case of Costco Cheese goes for?JT

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress