A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: List of Threads on the Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo  (Read 6154 times)

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
List of Threads on the Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo
« on: May 08, 2020, 01:37:02 PM »
Has anyone seen this? (Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo)
Breville Updates the Smart Oven™ Pizzaiolo - New Model BPZ820

The two threads above are massive and contain all kinds of randomly scattered, valuable information. In time, I hope to include links in the following threads to the most useful posts in the old threads.

Breville Oven - Other Foods
Breville Oven - Pan Pizzas
Breville Oven - Neapolitan Pizzas
Breville Oven - Other Breads

These will be more links - currently under construction

Breville Oven - NYC Pizzas
Breville Oven - Chicago Pizzas

Online deb415611

• Lifetime Member
Re: List of Threads on the Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 06:47:32 AM »
Bill - would it make sense to have a Breville - Other Foods thread?  I did a some tacos yesterday and did part in the Breville
Deb

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 07:25:27 AM »
Bill - would it make sense to have a Breville - Other Foods thread?  I did a some tacos yesterday and did part in the Breville

Tacos? Tacos!

What if I change the name of the Roasted Vegetables thread to Other Foods to avoid too much granularity?

Online deb415611

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 09:41:20 AM »
That would work.  They were just a quick version but the using the btevilke worked well
Deb

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 09:42:47 AM »
That would work.  They were just a quick version but the using the btevilke worked well
Done. Name of Roasted Veges thread changed to Other Foods.

Offline BostonBestEats

• Clearly you need more Hawaiian pizza in your life
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 12:23:32 PM »
You might make the following change for clarity:

Breville Oven - Pan Pizzas (non-Chicago style)

Since all the Chicago-style pizzas are technically pan pizzas (except Tavern style), right?

I'm going to try Chicago deep dish and Boston South Shore bar pizzas next in mine!

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 12:52:57 PM »
You might make the following change for clarity:

Breville Oven - Pan Pizzas (non-Chicago style)

Since all the Chicago-style pizzas are technically pan pizzas (except Tavern style), right?

I'm going to try Chicago deep dish and Boston South Shore bar pizzas next in mine!

Fair point. I want to avoid classifications that so often distract from the enjoyment of making and eating pizzas. Let's see what and where posts land in these threads. It's easy to move and rename later. Really looking forward to seeing your South Shore efforts.

Offline BostonBestEats

• Clearly you need more Hawaiian pizza in your life
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 08:40:10 PM »
I don't think Chicago when I read pan pizza. Deep Dish? Yes, that speaks Chicago.

I lived in Chicago for years.  They use pans lol.  Same as Detroit-style (I lived in Michigan even longer).  They are all pan pizzas of a sort.  As is a classic bar pizza.  And we can make them all in the pan provided with the Pizzaiolo.  Yeah!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 08:47:33 PM by BostonBestEats »

Offline Rmgrenley

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 02:32:12 PM »
Bill,
I wonder if it would be useful to have a thread like: "Breville Oven- Care and Cleaning"?

I have recently purchased a model 820, and have only used it a few times and love the results, but I am confused as to cleaning...or even if cleaning is needed. I have seen a few comments on cleaning in other threads, but they are hard to search for. The flour or cornmeal on the peel for launching obviously gets spread around despite my best efforts, and of course there are poorly accessible and inaccessible areas in terms of cleaning. I don't even know if experienced users are cleaning the oven after each evening's use, or figuring the oven will just burn it all up eventually! Are users removing the stone each time, trying to vacuum up any loose flour or cornmeal, using a cleaner on the inner steel surfaces, ignoring the flour that is under the platform and inaccessible, etc.?

I am also getting a browning of the inner glass that will not clean up and appears to be on the "outer surface of the inner glass"...meaning between the double panes...and this is reducing visibility. I have tried for two weeks without success to contact Breville support to find out if this is normal, or whether there may be a leak in the seal around the inner glass that is allowing the smoke to get in between the panes. Breville support will not answer, nor call back, nor answer their email contact form, and chat is disabled. I do not know whether the company has shut down their support, gone out of business, or what the story is. I have no idea if any experienced users have noted this as well.

I wish it was easy for users to share their experiences in one place for taking care of their Breville Pizzaiolo.
Thanks.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 05:52:06 PM »
Bill,
I wonder if it would be useful to have a thread like: "Breville Oven- Care and Cleaning"?

Nothing keeping you from creating a thread like this in the Home Ovens Board. Seems like a good idea.

Offline Rmgrenley

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 12:57:52 PM »
Nothing keeping you from creating a thread like this in the Home Ovens Board. Seems like a good idea.

Shall do.
Thanks.