A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Breville Oven - Other Breads  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Breville Oven - Other Breads
« on: May 10, 2020, 08:50:11 PM »
A master thread with links on all things baked in Breville Oven is located here:

List of Threads on the Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo

This thread is for other breads such as flatbreads, which the Breville is remarkably effective at by virtue of its ability to separately control the deck and top temps. Over time, I'll put links in this thread to the existing links on miscellaneous breads in other threads:

Please add posts to this thread about your efforts to bake other breads in the Breville oven. Questions welcome. Please keep on topic!

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Breville Oven - Other Breads
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 09:09:47 PM »
Armenian/Syrian Flatbread

Deck 500F
Top 450F
Even

The deck (500F) may a little too high for this flatbread; it looks dark but has a perfectly crisp crust with a light interior. The sourdough included some honey, ground mahleb, and sesame seeds. Maybe not traditional, but I'll be dreaming of this bread tonight!

Online foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 10:09:32 PM »
Very nice, Bill. I didn’t know what mahleb was But now that I have looked it up: did you make yours from your own cherry pits? Wouldn’t surprise me!
-Tony

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 10:39:50 PM »
Very nice, Bill. I didn’t know what mahleb was But now that I have looked it up: did you make yours from your own cherry pits? Wouldn’t surprise me!

Thanks, Tony. The cherry trees I have are not the right variety. I got whole mahleb seeds from Amazon and ground them in a mortar with the salt and the sesame seeds. This was the first time I've used them (and the first time I've made this delicious bread). The very subtle fruity flavor was great.

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 01:11:13 AM »
I know nothing of this companys products, but i will never buy from them based on the way they handled chefsteps recipes and the sous vide joule.

Offline BostonBestEats

• Clearly you need more Hawaiian pizza in your life
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 02:03:37 AM »
I know nothing of this companys products, but i will never buy from them based on the way they handled chefsteps recipes and the sous vide joule.

I've been a customer for years and ChefSteps is an exceptional company with outstanding customer service and fantastic products (including their recipe site, which is a labor of love).  Breville was the perfect partner for them (rescuing them from the grave) and they continue to excel.