A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Best supermarket flour in Germany  (Read 345 times)

Offline Sebastian901

• I Love Pizza!
Best supermarket flour in Germany
« on: December 30, 2021, 11:38:56 PM »
Hi,

does anybody here live in Germany and can give me advise which is the best supermarkt flour to make homemade Neapolitan style pizza? Unfortunately there isn´t any caputo flour in the supermarkets available.

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
Re: Best supermarket flour in Germany
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 03:37:47 PM »
If you can have access to a Metro, they stock both Caputo pizzeria and saccorosso in 25kg bags, otherwise it's also available from Amazon for a price that isn't too bad.  I used to get it from Metro through a friend, but I decided I'd rather pay a bit more from Amazon rather than hassle my friend.  I get Mutti pelati from the same Amazon vendor.
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline Sebastian901

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 10:54:24 PM »
Thank you for your answer. No I don´t have a Metro nearby. I also thought about buying it online but I was affraid that I waste the flour because of poor pizza making. From time to time I still experimentalize with different recipes. Maybe I buy it in future. If somebody knows an alternative I would also be thankful. Happy new year btw.

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 06:02:35 AM »
If you buy online you can buy in 1, 5, or 25kg sacks. Considering how many pizza one can make from a 5kg sack (and the resulting cost per pizza), I don't think that the higher price and transport is really a problem.
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline wotavidone

• Supporting Member
  • A pizza is not a pie
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 07:26:59 AM »
The German Aldi Supermarket chain has had a store in my town here in Australia for a couple of years now.
The house brand flour makes a nice pizza in my WFO.
I doubt it would be the same four in Germany though. The label says it is Australian flour.
Mick

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 01:22:27 PM »
I would ask the owner/manager of a local bakery and see what they would recommend or maybe what they could get for you!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”-----------Mark Twain

"If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve."---------The Root Beer Lady

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."---------Muhammad Ali

Offline Sebastian901

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2022, 03:15:52 PM »
Thank you for your tips. I will see.

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2022, 07:42:21 PM »
Sebastian901,

You can definitely try local flours from the supermarket as a start. I remember the Lidl flour I used sometimes (ok it was more than 10 years ago, but still) wasn't that bad. Try a refined flour (type 400~500 you know) with 12~% protein so you get enough gluten structure. I'm sure you can really get something decent out of it!
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline pizzadaheim

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 01:22:36 PM »
You can order online caputo flour from amatulli.de.  where are you from Germany?