Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by danq10 on 24 Jan 2020
  • Is cornicione really necessary? Some of my friends and family prefer to just have toppings over it.
  • #2 by TXCraig1 on 24 Jan 2020
  • Depends on the expectations of the folks eating the pizza.

If I'm expecting Neapolitan and I get toppings to the edge, I probably won't be happy.
    If I'm expecting bar-style and get a cornicione, I probably won't be happy.
  • #3 by pgpizza on 24 Jan 2020
  • If you are making pizza at home for family and friends make it however you like it.  There are traditional ways of making each style of pizza, but no hard and fast rules.

Scott
  • #4 by The Dough Doctor on 24 Jan 2020
  • That's the best part of making your own pizzas at home, you can make them the way YOU like them, and remember, if YOU don't like it you know who to blame. :-D
    Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor
  • #5 by wotavidone on 24 Jan 2020
  • Gotta have cornicione on neapolitan.
    Gotta have full load of toppings to the edge on Fat Aussie Pub Pizza
  • #6 by Gene in Acadiana on 24 Jan 2020
  • My first thought when I see a traditional pizza loaded with toppings that go all the way to the edge is "I bet that crust is really going to suck." And it usually proves to be true.
  • #7 by Pizza_Not_War on 25 Jan 2020
  • The better the dough >>> crust, the less toppings I want. Style is irrelevant to me. The best pizza crusts I've eaten need nothing.
  • #8 by BostonBestEats on 26 Jan 2020
  • You might like a classic South Shore Bar-style pizza.  Very common going down the coast South of Boston, the style dates back to the '40's.  Essentially a small, thin personal pan pizza with the toppings going all the way to the edge (preferably with a crispy burnt cheese edge).  But today you can find it as far afield as Chicago and Texas.

Kenji has a recipe: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/04/crispy-bar-style-pizza-star-tavern-recipe.html

Very rare north of Boston, where roast beef sandwiches reign supreme.
  • #9 by HansB on 26 Jan 2020
  • The better the dough >>> crust, the less toppings I want. Style is irrelevant to me. The best pizza crusts I've eaten need nothing.

I think thatís called bread.  :-D
  • #10 by Minolta Rokkor on 26 Jan 2020
  • Depends on whether or not I want a crust or not
  • #11 by Pizza_Not_War on 26 Jan 2020
  • I think thatís called bread.  :-D
    Flat bread. You almost nailed it.
  • #12 by Jackitup on 26 Jan 2020
  • Flat bread. You almost nailed it.

Focaccia anyway........
Pages:
Actions