A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Charlie Anderson YouTube NY series  (Read 3946 times)

Offline charlieanderson

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Charlie Anderson YouTube NY series
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2023, 08:46:10 AM »
Great videos and information Charlie. Did the GFS in Ann Arbor sell you just one 5# package of the Grande ECB?

I appreciate it! Yes, they actually carry Grande ECB in the store, so you can just buy it one pack at a time. There seem to be a few GFSs that carry it like that, but they're pretty few and far between.

I also asked about buying the whole milk version (and about buying whole blocks), but I would have to purchase an entire case (~40 lbs) since they don't carry those regularly.

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2023, 09:35:46 AM »
Thanks, my local store said I'd have to buy a case of the ECB, so I'll take a ride to AA to get it.
Instagram @hans_michigan.

"The most important element of pizza is the dough. Pizza is bread after all. Bread with toppings." -Brian Spangler

"Ultimately, pizza is a variety of condiments on top of bread. If I wanted to evolve, I figured out that I had to understand bread and first make the best bread I possibly could. Only then could my pizza evolve as well." Dan Richer

Pizza is bread - Joe Beddia

Offline Jaeger

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2023, 10:18:00 AM »
Iíve been getting the Gordon choice whole milk low moisture mozzarella and I really like it. Just an option. I believe itís available at most of their stores. Iíve gotten the pack of slices that come in a 1.5lb pack and theyíve worked very well for me.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 10:27:20 AM by Jaeger »

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2023, 10:58:23 AM »
Iíve been getting the Gordon choice whole milk low moisture mozzarella and I really like it. Just an option. I believe itís available at most of their stores. Iíve gotten the pack of slices that come in a 1.5lb pack and theyíve worked very well for me.

They have a good Mozzarellas/provolone blend too. But the ECB is hard to beat.
Instagram @hans_michigan.

"The most important element of pizza is the dough. Pizza is bread after all. Bread with toppings." -Brian Spangler

"Ultimately, pizza is a variety of condiments on top of bread. If I wanted to evolve, I figured out that I had to understand bread and first make the best bread I possibly could. Only then could my pizza evolve as well." Dan Richer

Pizza is bread - Joe Beddia

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2023, 08:40:13 AM »
Thanks for that info and idea. Iíve pretty much sworn off LMPS for pizza. For a couple years, supermarkets in our area had more choices (grated) and increasing stock by the month. Recently, over the past month, it has been more difficult to find ar our 3 most visited stores. One has Boarís Head sliced to order, which is excellent. We have a store called ďThe Cheese LadyĒ downtown, 4 miles from me, that I donít visit often enough. GFS is not far, Iíll take a look. Thank you.
-Tony

Offline stevenfstein

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2023, 11:56:57 AM »
anyone try the Grande mozzarella cheddar Blend? Usually my local place sells it by the case but occasionally they will break it up and sell individual bags..

Best... Steve

Offline Georgev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2023, 06:33:26 PM »
I use pre shredded at my shop and itís just way more consistent because the shreds are exactly the same. I can tell you for a fact they dont add any anti clumping agents. But over the years before we used grande I noticed texture and sometimes taste and definitely appearance can vary based on the size of the shreds from the block.

Offline Mjs16

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2024, 09:13:11 PM »
Hey, yes that's me! I previously had a different account here (although I never posted with it), but I just made this one a few days ago under my real name.
Hey Charlie,

I'm trying your recipe for the first time today. Your YouTube series is awesome btw... Quick question, what temperature water do you use?

Offline Qapla

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2024, 09:47:43 AM »
Welcome, Charlie. I have enjoyed your video series - keep up the quest