A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Neapolitan with sourdough in Norway  (Read 13590 times)

Offline Arne_Jervell

• Nonno della pizza
Re: Neapolitan with sourdough in Norway
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2021, 10:23:20 AM »
Nice to see you posting again! Really nice colors I think especially the cornicione on the margherita.

BTW: the acidity level of an SD-dough depends on many things but certainly on the culture. If you prefer low acidity SD dough, and if you live in the Oslo area, give me a PM and we can arrange for you to have some of my Salvatore.

Offline Heikjo

• Lifetime Member
  • Sour dough = happy me
« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2021, 11:49:50 AM »
Absolutely depends on the culture, and I think mine is on the more acidic side. I currently got a rye starter that lives in RT. I have been thinking about going stiffer, maybe to a lievito madre, which supposedly reduce acidity. Some even say stiffer starters have a bit more power.

I love a lot about SD, but I would like reducing the acidity.

I get better coloration with IDY than SD for some reason.
Heine
Oven: Effeuno P134H

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2021, 12:26:02 PM »
FWIW, a stiff sourdough starter is quite a lot more work than the normal liquid one..
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline Heikjo

• Lifetime Member
  • Sour dough = happy me
« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2021, 01:14:12 PM »
FWIW, a stiff sourdough starter is quite a lot more work than the normal liquid one..
It can be at least, but there are different ways to maintain a stiff starter and I donít think all are as much work as what some do with LM, where thereís the water method or wrapping. Many maintain it like a liquid starter by discarding and feeding.
Heine

Offline Heikjo

• Lifetime Member
  • Sour dough = happy me
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2021, 10:48:14 AM »
Another round of IDY. Same amount as last time, but much more avtivity this time. No need to take them out to RT and they were around 2x after 24 hours at 15C. I activated the IDY in 38C water before mixing everything this time, which could explain part of the difference. I also used IDY from a fresh pack, while the previous was an opened one from the fridge (rolled together with a rubber band around).

I balled at 15/24 hours, which worked fine. The dough had risen some, which made the task a bit more challenging with the seam, but on wood the bottom always comes out very even when itís time to bake. I found the bottoms a bit too dry perhaps. I have thought about finding some other fermentation canister where they get more sidewall support and can be extracted with a pizza dough tool.

I donít care about being careful with the rim these days. It does get more dough than the middle, but less than before. I have also reduced the TF from 0.080 to 0.075, balls from 254g to 235g. Also happy with this change.

All in all pretty happy with the results.

62% HR, 0.18% IDY, 0.075 TF.
Heine

A D V E R T I S E M E N T