A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Famag price differences  (Read 337 times)

Offline AlexPizzaMTL

• I Love Pizza!
Famag price differences
« on: April 05, 2022, 04:42:45 PM »
Does anyone know the difference between the PHG IM-5 fixed head at 1,359 USD https://pleasanthillgrain.com/famag-im5-grilletta-spiral-dough-mixer
and this one at 720 EUR https://innovaoven.com/product/dough-mixer-grilletta-5kg-10-speed-fixed-head/

Seems like just aesthetics? Both look good for North American plugs and voltage but there's a huge price difference after the exchange rate.

Any input would be appreciated.

Offline billg

• Lifetime Member
Re: Famag price differences
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 10:26:49 PM »

Once you factor in the exchange rate you have to consider shipping costs to the USA.  Pleasant Hill Grains probably has at least a 30% markup after they factor in their costs to get the mixers from Italy to the USA.  Shipping is not cheap these days!!!! 

Offline AlexPizzaMTL

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 08:32:23 AM »
The other company there has to get it the same distance from Italy to me in the end.

Offline sarahm

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 09:25:44 AM »
The other company there has to get it the same distance from Italy to me in the end.

Assuming they can and/or are willing to get it to you. The only destination countries you can choose on the other company's checkout page are Ireland, Italy, and UK, so it's likely they don't currently/won't ship to North America.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 09:27:24 AM by sarahm »

Offline AlexPizzaMTL

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 01:31:01 PM »
Agreed but my point is that there are different versions of the Famag IM-5 and IM-5S a bit everywhere at different prices. The features seem similar but definitely the aesthetics and finishing seem to differ. I was hoping someone knew if this is something that Famag does by working with suppliers or if they're versions over time etc. What's the philosophy?

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress