A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Is the Gozney Dome a bust?  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Cogs

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Is the Gozney Dome a bust?
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2021, 10:57:29 AM »
Looks like Gozney has invested their time wisely on accessories, no competition in that space. Dough cutter, rocker, scraper and infrared temp - what a waste of time.

https://us.gozney.com/collections/pizza-oven-accessories?sort_by=created-descending&utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New%20Accessories%20%28SCSJar%29&_kx=ZS35PvmpnXrCKA8LlpSNF3nSddVdSE7kNH2Cd_LmyzY%3D.JDj2xf

Offline JeffShoaf

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2021, 11:31:40 AM »
Looks like Gozney has invested their time wisely on accessories, no competition in that space. Dough cutter, rocker, scraper and infrared temp - what a waste of time.

https://us.gozney.com/collections/pizza-oven-accessories?sort_by=created-descending&utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New%20Accessories%20%28SCSJar%29&_kx=ZS35PvmpnXrCKA8LlpSNF3nSddVdSE7kNH2Cd_LmyzY%3D.JDj2xf

Those are all pretty generic items - they probably just had to get some manufacturer to put the Gozney logo on an existing design - while the Dome-specific stuff requires creating new tooling and all the other steps required to set up and manufacture a brand new design.

Offline JTreehorn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2021, 01:13:50 PM »
Hey folks,

I am a duel fuel dome owner in the US (Maine) and am generally happy with the unit.  I was upgrading from a Roccbox which I had owned since that was first shipping.  The build quality on the unit is pretty solid with the exception of the temporary ash collector on the side vs. the variable air flow control.  The gas is great and it's very nice to have the extra room over the Roccbox - easier to use a turning paddle and bake a larger pie - 14 ish is about what I make in there now.  I am also generally making more NY style or artisan type pies so using the oven at 700-750 range.

The lack of accessories is really an issue for wood fire as you simply burn through too much fuel with the lack of front door accessory.  Not as much a problem with Pizza as trying to roast other items in say a cast iron pan.

On the flames coming out the front - can't remember where I read it but someone recommended using a taller stove pipe to fit in between the base and cap so I went out and grabbed that locally before my first cook.  Looks a bit silly but this really improves the draft pull of the flame up the stack - no issues here on that.

I was never a big fan of Ooni because of the apparent downgrade in fit and finish but the Karu looks a bit beefier and I am jealous of that front door.  With the world supply chain issues and materials prices increases/shortages I am sympathetic to Gozney with their pull back on accessories and take some comfort in being able to obtain one at the entry price. 

Hoping they make good on these accessories and keep innovating which is good for everybody.

Offline Cogs

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2021, 02:52:54 PM »
It’s nice to hear about real world experiences with the Dome. Thanks for the update.

Offline kori

• Supporting Member
  • Let's make pizza today!
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2021, 04:52:55 PM »
Hello guyz! Guess what, Vito got the Gozney!

unboxing

trial

wish I could get free stuff.
I SMILE AND WAVE....

Offline DoouBall

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2021, 04:58:33 PM »
For such an expensive oven, the results seem a bit underwhelming.
Alex

Outdoor Oven: Blackstone. Indoor Oven: Gaggenau.

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2021, 05:17:08 PM »
wish I could get free stuff.
Find half a million YouTube subscribers and they'll give you one to play with.

Offline Pandasbecats

• Supporting Member
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2021, 12:57:38 PM »
Watched Vito’s video. Pizza bottoms look good and all pies came out nicely. He did mention a 1.5 hour heat up which is crazy bad for an oven of the Dome’s size. Let’s see how it is when the door and neapolitan arch cone out along with the other accessories.

Wish he could have actually “reviewed” the Oven though. Usually his “review” videos just show him using an oven and acting amazed when a pizza comes out of it
Pizza Party Red 70x70
Pizza Party Ardore
11"x11" Wood Peel
GI Metal Azzurra 8" turning peel
Nutrimill Artiste

Offline 9slicePie

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2021, 11:35:08 AM »
Vito did say that he did not read the manual before using the oven.  As much experience that he has with pizza, maybe that's why you guys feel the oven is subpar based on his review?

Offline Pandasbecats

• Supporting Member
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2021, 03:09:07 PM »
Vito did say that he did not read the manual before using the oven.  As much experience that he has with pizza, maybe that's why you guys feel the oven is subpar based on his review?

Didn’t think the oven was subpar, thought that he showed the oven off well even if it wasn’t a real “review”. Was odd how he hedged on the look of the first pizza though because he hadn’t heated it for long enough. He put in an annotation that the oven was “only” heated for 1.5 hours.

In all the other vids I’ve seen of the Dome though the ovens haven’t needed heat up times like that. Wonder if he made a mistake or something
Pizza Party Red 70x70
Pizza Party Ardore
11"x11" Wood Peel
GI Metal Azzurra 8" turning peel
Nutrimill Artiste

wordpress