A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Ooni fyra gas conversion  (Read 3443 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Ooni fyra gas conversion
« on: March 26, 2021, 11:25:57 PM »
 The ooni fyra is a pellet only pizza oven. It is an upgrade to the ooni 3 oven.
There was a interesting post in the Facebook fyra group where a member attached the Onni gas burner to the back of the oven using magnets.since I have a burner I needed to try this hack.
 All you do is remove the fire tray . Slide the burner I and place two magnets on the top between oven and burner. I left the hopper for pellets on, and the chimney on but covered. This was the set up used the group member.
 I added a heat shield behind the floor, and used my fiesoli clay floor. Heat up was about 40 minutes. That got the floor to 900 degrees back. Heat shied 975 degrees side walls 825 degrees. At these heat settings the pizzas took about 90 seconds. I rotated 4 times and this was included in the timing. Fun experiment works fine not sure there are many people with the burner lying around. Certainly not worth buying the oven and burner to convert this oven. The ooni karu is much more versatile.

Offline nickyr

Re: Ooni fyra gas conversion
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 12:06:07 AM »
The pizzas look great!

Offline kipsmith

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 11:01:20 AM »
Love the idea of converting to gas. Why did you add a heat shield to floor? Love to know because I am converting my fyra to your set up. Thanks.
Great looking pizza too

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 03:47:24 PM »
I added the heat shield to allow the back of the pizza to bake longer without it burning. The ooni3 burner conversion is super easy. and I think it works really well.

Offline kipsmith

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 09:01:42 AM »
That makes complete sense to shield the pizza. Thanks for tips.

Offline Napoli

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 10:56:15 PM »
thezaman,
Thanks so much for your post and the detailed photos of the gas conversion, rigged onto the Ooni Fyra.
I'm assuming that this is the gas conversion attachment Uuni made to fit the Uuni 3?
    (I ask because the original post doesn't say which model you had the attachment for.)
But I'm super tempted to try this, especially if the attachment ever comes back in stock (though I do enjoy the 'challenge of the pellets').
And any insights or frustrations - for or against - are appreciated.
Thanks again!

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 11:23:03 PM »
Hi, yes it is the Ooni 3 burner. It works really well and the set up is super easy.