A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Air Fryers  (Read 498 times)

Offline Hermit

• Supporting Member
  • I make do with what I have
Air Fryers
« on: January 20, 2018, 10:39:43 PM »
I see a few folks here have air fryers.  What model do you have and what are your thoughts?

We have the Secura 4L model and have been pretty impressed with how it cooks the food.  Reheating things like egg rolls really brings them back to life for leftovers.  I haven't tried a burger or steak in mine yet, but seems to do well with a lot of processed frozen type foods.  I think it would be great to reheat some rolls or biscuits.  We've only had ours since Christmas so limited experience but so far enjoying the heck out of it.

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
Re: Air Fryers
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 06:47:16 AM »
We have the Philips XL Airfryer, and love it. We cook with it almost every morning for breakfast and use it almost every night for dinner.

Got it xmas before last and had a problem with the door slider bearings . Philips replaced it with a new one and shipped the old one back at no cost to us. They said they had never seen that before so hoping it was just an assembly fluke and not a design flaw.

We recently purchased the Airfryer Grill Pan (on sale, but it is still too expensive) but it makes a huge difference on a bunch of foods and we are very happy we picked it up.
Norm

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 01:15:48 AM »
I bought a BIG BOSS but after reading the reviews i told my wife to return it. Seems like $hit. I do want one, but i want something that works, and price reeally is not a concern. I just dont trust the reviews i read.

Can somone explain these plastic encased machines? Fryer, and p[lastic does't sit well with me. Thats why i bought that pos BIG BOSS, because it was metal and glass(pyrex?) who kows, it nade the worst breded chicken and french fries i ever seen, a oven does a better job. Excuse my typo's Shots kicked my ass tonight.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:22:49 AM by FeCheF »

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 08:47:47 AM »
Everything inside (where the food goes is metal) - BTW, not all air fryers work the same - years ago we picked up a cheap one when Costco had them - it was too small and did not cook any different / better than or oven. We returned it.

Decided to try again with a name brand with a larger chamber. We like the new one - more room and works much better. If your interested I can ask my wife to send me some photos of food she has cooked and I'll post them. She is on a plant based diet and does not cook with oil so she has not cooked any meat in the unit but our neighbors have one and they have cooked meat and also like it.

The big problem I see with these (and "super convection" ovens) is there is no spec to let you know how much air they move - and that is one of the most important things for air fryer and convection performance - manufactures should be required to state how many CFM of air each oven moves - then we could compare that information between different makes / models.
Norm

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 09:10:18 AM »
I bought a BIG BOSS but after reading the reviews i told my wife to return it.

You're supposed to read the reviews before you buy.  :D

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 05:58:14 PM »

You're supposed to read the reviews before you buy.  :D

It was an impulse buy.

Offline rlslmshdy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 03:58:14 PM »
Anyone try reheating NY slice in one?

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 04:05:29 PM »
Yes, that is the only way I re-heat now. Works great.....
Norm

Offline Hermit

• Supporting Member
  • I make do with what I have
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 01:17:15 PM »
Just reheated a 2 day old NY style slice in my air fryer, about 3 mins on 390F, it did a great job!  I wish it held bigger slices.