A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Question on mobile pizza gig - business arrangements?  (Read 514 times)

Offline mgcain12

• I Love Pizza!
Question on mobile pizza gig - business arrangements?
« on: November 27, 2017, 01:58:58 PM »
I have an opportunity to set up my mobile oven at a local nursery/farm for the summer.  This is a high draw location similar to a farmers market.  I'm wondering what others here have done regarding the business relationships with markets/owners.  I talked to one gentlemen who was set up at a food court in an outdoor mall that said they charged him $150 per day to make and sell pizzas.  What is a fair price?  I don 't know if that is high or low...

What have some of you more experienced folks done?

Thanks!
Mitch

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: Question on mobile pizza gig - business arrangements?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 03:40:18 PM »
offer 10 percent over a set sales amount,which needs to be your beak even point. example 10 percent of all sales once you hit 500.00. under 500.00 nothing. we do a lot of wineries and breweries. if they do not have food service we do not give them anything. if they do we give 10 percent over 500.00 sales.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Question on mobile pizza gig - business arrangements?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 09:03:09 AM »
I have an opportunity to set up my mobile oven at a local nursery/farm for the summer.  This is a high draw location similar to a farmers market.  I'm wondering what others here have done regarding the business relationships with markets/owners.  I talked to one gentlemen who was set up at a food court in an outdoor mall that said they charged him $150 per day to make and sell pizzas.  What is a fair price?  I don 't know if that is high or low...

What have some of you more experienced folks done?

Thanks!
Mitch

Mitch, I'm here in MA too.   I have a food truck with a pizza oven on it and we are out 6-7 days a week.   Around here 150 is about average as far as what I expect to pay.   I have spaces that are 300, but they are high volume.   I have other spaces that are as low as $50.    I like Larrys idea though, try that first.   If you don't sell much it would be nice not to pay!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress