A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: neapolitan pizza from the Uuni pro  (Read 1298 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
neapolitan pizza from the Uuni pro
« on: January 14, 2018, 12:16:57 AM »
I have been a fan of Uuni ovens for a while when the Uuni pro came out I picked it up thru their crowed funding program. I really like this oven for it portability and fuel choices. I like the pellet system and usualy I bake using it. I have used the wood lump coal method and it works really well,and is easier to control then the pellets. I have gotten use to  and love the hands on needed to get them to work successfully .
  the big debate seems to be Roccbox vs. Uuni  the Roccbox put out exceptional pizzas but only using gas. Uuni cooks great pizza with wood and pellets and when the gas attachment becomes available  it will cook well with it too.
  I was able to use my uni pro tonight and wanted to show the oven and results. another member was having trouble with getting the bottom to cook and included a photo showing that with proper heat up the bottoms cook just fine.
  the last pizza was dough that was way past it usefulness but high heat can get it to bake to acceptably.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: neapolitan pizza from the Uuni pro
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 12:18:50 AM »
a few more pictures

Offline jizza23

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 01:13:14 AM »

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 07:53:45 AM »
Tonight’s pizza using bread flour @70percent hydration  and the uuni pro with my home made gas burner. This thing knocks out 60 second pizzas with ease. If I could find saputto floor to fit it could cook even faster pizzas.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:19:46 AM by thezaman »

Offline jizza23

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 10:21:57 AM »
You homemade a gas burner?!?!?!?!? How difficult was that? Looks like you're getting it to temp. Got an email from Uuni saying they submitted the US version of the burner for approval. Won't be long now (hopefully), but would love to hear more about your rig.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 12:37:27 PM »
You homemade a gas burner?!?!?!?!? How difficult was that? Looks like you're getting it to temp. Got an email from Uuni saying they submitted the US version of the burner for approval. Won't be long now (hopefully), but would love to hear more about your rig.
  it will probably be a couple of month yet. the burner is easy to put together. getting the cooking procedure down will take a standard routine to get consistent results. burner parts about 35.00. time to modify one hour.

Offline schold

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 01:36:13 PM »
Your pies look great!
Cooking is not a recipe, it's a philosophy - unless it's pastry, then it's chemistry.

- Marco Pierre White

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 06:24:39 AM »
 The nice feature about using gas is the quick startup time. The oven was hot within 30 minutes which makes it nice if you want to cook only one pizza. Dining alone and using a 70 percent hydrated dough that was brewing in the frige for about 6 days.

Offline yoda.feesh

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 02:29:36 PM »
Thezaman,

First off, great looking pizzas!
I too have the Pro and live in Ohio.
Just out of curiosity, what recipe are you currently using and do you have any baking tips?

Offline jizza23

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 02:58:24 PM »
The nice feature about using gas is the quick startup time. The oven was hot within 30 minutes which makes it nice if you want to cook only one pizza. Dining alone and using a 70 percent hydrated dough that was brewing in the frige for about 6 days.
What peel is that? I love it. You need to work up a how-to on making your own gas burner rig.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 08:44:06 PM »
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 08:46:50 PM »
Wow Larry! Just beautiful!
Bob

Offline jizza23

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 08:46:51 PM »

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 10:50:42 AM »
The 70% dough looks excellent. I think I have to come tastetest...

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2018, 11:34:56 PM »
Thezaman,

First off, great looking pizzas!
I too have the Pro and live in Ohio.
Just out of curiosity, what recipe are you currently using and do you have any baking tips?
.   My recipe is very simple 600 grams king arthur bread flour 420 water 15 grams of salt.2 grams of dried yeast i have been using red star platinum. Don't hate! i mix salt flour in my food processor blend it. Mix the yeast water. turn on processor pour the liguid through the chute. Blend about 45 seconds or as long as if takes to hit 78 degrees. Cover bulk rise 4 hours. Two stretch and folds at one hour and one hour.  Oil individual plastic containers cut balls to 250 grams ball them making sure to close the bottom  cover and refrigerate.use over the three to 4 days.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 11:39:25 PM »
Thanks!
hi,as craig wrote it is the GI metal 13 inch round peel.I like the round as it helps to stretch your pizzas nice and round. They may be a little expensive, but if you take care if it will last a long time.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 11:43:09 PM by thezaman »

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 11:41:05 PM »
The 70% dough looks excellent. I think I have to come tastetest...
hi Lou you know you are always welcome. Have not used my backyard oven since you visit last summer.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 12:04:02 AM »
An up date. Thanks to the uuni forum I was able to purchase a uuni burner alone with a. Gas attachment to allow it to work on US propane tanks.
 The burner is different then my homemade in that it works more like a flame thrower pushing heat gently along the ceiling. My burner was way to powerful and hard to control. This heats the oven to a floor temperature of 775 degrees in thirty minutes. The floor is even front to back. This is due to the plane being directed above the pizza and towards thr front door.
 My bake times were around 90 seconds,With a really nice lift on the dough. Uuni recommends the pizza door which is cut out to bake the pizzas without removing the door . I like keeping the glass door on so the chamber maintains a more even heat. I thing the closed oven is a safety risk and the pizza door is included to get gas certification.
 These ovens are not cheap but are portable cook great pizzas and still a lot cheaper then a perement oven.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 12:05:51 AM »
Another picture or two

Offline jizza23

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2018, 12:32:55 AM »
How'd you buy it one off when US regulatory hasn't passed. I have mine being delivered for free because I was an early Indiegogo backer. Guess I'll have to wait.

Making 9 pies tomorrow for Superbowl. All coal + wood.