A D V E R T I S E M E N T


Author Topic: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!  (Read 6665 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ARenko

  • Registered User
  • Posts: 696
  • Location: The Woodlands, TX
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2020, 08:50:49 PM »
Just a fried topping.  Zucchini cream and mozzarella with speck and fried onions post bake.

Offline Chicago Bob

  • Lifetime Member
  • *
  • Posts: 15161
  • Location: Durham,NC
  • Easy peazzy
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2020, 08:57:27 PM »

    Looks tasty.... love, love onion rings.   :drool:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline ARenko

  • Registered User
  • Posts: 696
  • Location: The Woodlands, TX
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2020, 09:44:32 PM »
Thanks - it was. I'm not a big fried onion fan, but thought they worked well on this pie.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 09:46:11 PM by ARenko »

Offline Yael

  • Supporting Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2347
  • Location: A French in China
  • French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2020, 09:56:23 PM »
Bill and Yael, I'd respectfully you post on the last day of the month, it's completely demotivating/demoralizing to see your posts  :-D seriously, this is a dangerous path for a man my age, I'm not going to look at this thread until next month.

 :-D

Just a fried topping.  Zucchini cream and mozzarella with speck and fried onions post bake.

Looks very good!!
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline sodface

  • Lifetime Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1664
  • Location: Charleston SC
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2020, 08:10:03 PM »
Here's my rendition of the popperoni, fried onions, ARenko sort of beat me to it.
Carl

A D V E R T I S E M E N T


Offline Chicago Bob

  • Lifetime Member
  • *
  • Posts: 15161
  • Location: Durham,NC
  • Easy peazzy
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2020, 10:45:04 PM »
Here's my rendition of the popperoni, fried onions, ARenko sort of beat me to it.

  Dayum.... that's good pizza Carl!  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline TXCraig1

  • Supporting Member
  • *
  • Posts: 29879
  • Location: Houston, TX
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2020, 05:48:42 PM »
 ^^^
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline sodface

  • Lifetime Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1664
  • Location: Charleston SC
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2020, 07:43:07 PM »
Thanks Bob and Craig!
Carl

Offline Jon in Albany

  • Lifetime Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3218
  • Location: Albany, NY
    • Jon In Albany Blog
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2020, 08:39:29 PM »
This morning, I channeled my inner Chau and took some leftover dough balls and portioned them down into 100g pieces, reballed them and put them back in the fridge. Tonight, I broke out the turkey fryer burner, a jug of oil and set out to make some Pizza Town USA style fried calzones. Made two kinds, one like Pizza Town with ham and ricotta with some Romano and mozzarella mixed in. Also made some with the same ricotta mixture but sausage instead of ham. I tried to make a dipping sauce similar to theirs. Did some microwave extraction with garlic, basil and oregano. Mixed that into so Tomato Magic i had left from the weekend - I had run 70% of the Tomato Magic though a food mill and mixed in the other 30% as is. Added a little salt and some Romano and a meatball I cut into tiny pieces and simmered. Everything was really good. Can't make a habit of doing this though.

Offline Yael

  • Supporting Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2347
  • Location: A French in China
  • French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2020, 08:42:31 PM »
That is a beautiful pizza fritta  :drool:
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

A D V E R T I S E M E N T


Offline Chicago Bob

  • Lifetime Member
  • *
  • Posts: 15161
  • Location: Durham,NC
  • Easy peazzy
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2020, 09:15:59 PM »
   GBADelish...... yum!!
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Jon in Albany

  • Lifetime Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3218
  • Location: Albany, NY
    • Jon In Albany Blog
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2020, 11:12:07 PM »
Thanks guys.

Offline BigNeapolitanBalls

  • Registered User
  • Posts: 6
  • Age: 24
  • Location: NY but not that NY
  • 275 or bust
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2020, 01:06:39 AM »
This morning, I channeled my inner Chau and took some leftover dough balls and portioned them down into 100g pieces, reballed them and put them back in the fridge. Tonight, I broke out the turkey fryer burner, a jug of oil and set out to make some Pizza Town USA style fried calzones. Made two kinds, one like Pizza Town with ham and ricotta with some Romano and mozzarella mixed in. Also made some with the same ricotta mixture but sausage instead of ham. I tried to make a dipping sauce similar to theirs. Did some microwave extraction with garlic, basil and oregano. Mixed that into so Tomato Magic i had left from the weekend - I had run 70% of the Tomato Magic though a food mill and mixed in the other 30% as is. Added a little salt and some Romano and a meatball I cut into tiny pieces and simmered. Everything was really good. Can't make a habit of doing this though.

Damn I gotta bust out the turkey deep frier I got now...

Offline Chicago Bob

  • Lifetime Member
  • *
  • Posts: 15161
  • Location: Durham,NC
  • Easy peazzy
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2020, 01:16:33 AM »
Damn I gotta bust out the turkey deep frier I got now...
.  Great... BNB!!  🤕
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 02:36:38 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline TXCraig1

  • Supporting Member
  • *
  • Posts: 29879
  • Location: Houston, TX
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2020, 07:22:42 AM »
Looks great!
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

A D V E R T I S E M E N T


Offline deb415611

  • Lifetime Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2867
  • Location: CT
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2020, 07:25:27 AM »
Deb

Offline Jon in Albany

  • Lifetime Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3218
  • Location: Albany, NY
    • Jon In Albany Blog
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2020, 08:51:18 AM »
Thanks everyone. I was able to show a little restraint because the last time I was in a supermarket they were out of wings. But we ate a salad with it, so it's practically health food.

Offline Jon in Albany

  • Lifetime Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3218
  • Location: Albany, NY
    • Jon In Albany Blog
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2020, 08:56:00 AM »
Damn I gotta bust out the turkey deep frier I got now...
Got to say my favorite things to do with the turkey fryer aren't turkey. Dont get me wrong, a deep fried turkey can be really good, but I like using it to fry things like this, or wings better. Good for a big pot of clams too. Also, if you've got a pizza steel that fits on the burner, you can make a pretty mean smash burger.

Just be warned that if you use it on grass, you are going to have a circle of dead grass...ask me how I know.

Offline Bill/SFNM

  • Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • *
  • Posts: 7027
  • Location: Santa Fe, NM
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2020, 01:26:51 PM »
Tostadas. Conventional wisdom holds that frying older tortillas makes the best tostadas and chips - something along the lines that the increased moisture in really fresh tortillas makes them take longer to fry so that they come out harder. Sounds plausible, but not really true. These tostadas went straight from the comal into the oil. They were perfect in every way.


Offline foreplease

  • Lifetime Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9397
  • Age: 63
  • Location: St. Joseph, MI
Re: June 2020 Monthly Challenge: Fried!
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2020, 06:14:52 PM »
This morning, I channeled my inner Chau and took some leftover dough balls and portioned them down into 100g pieces, reballed them and put them back in the fridge. Tonight, I broke out the turkey fryer burner, a jug of oil and set out to make some Pizza Town USA style fried calzones. Made two kinds, one like Pizza Town with ham and ricotta with some Romano and mozzarella mixed in. Also made some with the same ricotta mixture but sausage instead of ham. I tried to make a dipping sauce similar to theirs. Did some microwave extraction with garlic, basil and oregano. Mixed that into so Tomato Magic i had left from the weekend - I had run 70% of the Tomato Magic though a food mill and mixed in the other 30% as is. Added a little salt and some Romano and a meatball I cut into tiny pieces and simmered. Everything was really good. Can't make a habit of doing this though.
THAT is the way that song goes! Holy cow. Greatness, Jon.
-Tony

A D V E R T I S E M E N T