A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizzeria IDA-- Burlington, VT  (Read 6972 times)

Offline SHB

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizzeria IDA-- Burlington, VT
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2022, 01:11:30 PM »
Been following their page since I saw this thread. Grew up in VT but left well before these guys arrived on the scene. Quick question, he shows the dough ("flounce") and its SUPER fermented. Any care to guess if that's actually a levain or their bulk fermented dough? Looks to be not enough dough for a full service and is very very fermented.

Offline SHB

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2022, 10:08:23 PM »
Iím intrigued, I think Iím going to play around and try to recreate some ďflounceĒ

He often says ďnever refrigeratedĒ so itís a 100% room temp ferment. They have a lunch service and a dinner service that starts at 5 so Iím a bit perplexed at how long their ferments are. Maybe 10-12 hours? Iíve tried 24H room temp ferments with SD and itís like trying to hit a bullseye on a dart board from 10 yards.

Offline Pizza_reviews_on_the_go

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2022, 12:43:06 AM »
He posted today and mentioned his brand of flour that he uses. I think his pies are expensive because the ingredients are obviously great and he just pays more for them up there. He rarely has the exotic stuff in stock too. In New York he would pay less for his inventory. He's probably getting ripped off for his cheese.

Offline mrmafix

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2022, 02:37:29 AM »
Has anyone taken a shot at a recipe that comes close?

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress