A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Made A Pie Using Saputo Gold See The Results.  (Read 1509 times)

Offline PizzaEater101

Made A Pie Using Saputo Gold See The Results.
« on: December 02, 2020, 05:14:38 PM »
This year I have made pies with Grande LMWM, Bella Rosano, and now Saputo Gold.  Since I didn't A/B/C in a controlled taste test I have to do this by memory.  I think I liked Grande the best.  With that said BR (Bella Rosano) and SP (Saputo Gold) are very good.  I think that the Grande is more mild than the other two and the melt is better.  BR seemed to be saltier than Grande, but not in a bad way, but still flavor of Grande was better. Melt was better with Grande but the melt with the BR was good but not quite as good.  SG to me seemed a bit more salty than the BR.  Overall taste was good but I think BR was just as good.  Melt was good but I think Grande melt wins out also and BR melted about the same as SG. So what does this all mean?

It means I would use any one of these again.  Grande is a hassle to get but I can.  BR and SG are easily accessible. So I am probably going to use something other than Grande.  Grande most expensive, SG next, then BR least expensive.  I am happy with all three that is why I could use any of them.

I want to try Belgioioso next but since I don't make pizza as much as other people do it may be awhile before I buy more Mozz. I will post pics.

Offline PizzaEater101

Re: Made A Pie Using Saputo Gold See The Results.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 05:23:01 PM »
Pics

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 08:02:01 PM »
Good info, thank you for posting.
-Tony

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 08:13:56 PM »
Welcome.

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 10:34:43 PM »
Interestingly, the last time I had Bella Rosano it was considerably saltier than Saputo Premium Gold.  The melt was similar.  Saputo was (is?) yellower, which I think is due to longer aging.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 10:40:17 PM »
Interestingly, the last time I had Bella Rosano it was considerably saltier than Saputo Premium Gold.  The melt was similar.  Saputo was (is?) yellower, which I think is due to longer aging.

You are correct, SG is more yellow.  I have to A/B the SG and BR because I have a small amount left of BR.  That way I will tell which is saltier.  Maybe it was just my imagination SG was more salty.  As far as melting goes, my thought that one melts more than another may be off because I may have baked at a different temp.  But overall both are very good and I could be happy with either.

Offline RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 11:47:05 PM »

I want to try Belgioioso next but since I don't make pizza as much as other people do it may be awhile before I buy more Mozz. I will post pics.
Belgioioso is okay, but don't expect to be blown away with it. I would say it's definitely better than Stella brand (which I think frankly sucks most of the time), but not up there with the best. If you feel you really must try it, I won't try to talk you out of it. But if you're in a spot where cash is limited and you have to choose between Belgioioso and something that looks promising, I recommend you try the other brand first. Just my 2 cents' worth.
If we're not questioning the reason for our existence, then what the hell are we doing here?!

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 01:22:58 AM »
Belgioioso is okay, but don't expect to be blown away with it. I would say it's definitely better than Stella brand (which I think frankly sucks most of the time), but not up there with the best. If you feel you really must try it, I won't try to talk you out of it. But if you're in a spot where cash is limited and you have to choose between Belgioioso and something that looks promising, I recommend you try the other brand first. Just my 2 cents' worth.

You tried the Belgioioso Low Moisture Whole Milk Moz?  It just is interesting because all people have had was the fresh moz.  You are the first to try the LMWM around the PMF. 

Offline PizzaSean

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2020, 01:38:22 AM »
Looking good PizzaEater! I just came from the other thread where we were discussing SG and I had commented that I was looking forward to seeing the results. Now I'm wishing I had some slices for a late night snack.

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2020, 02:05:42 AM »
Looking good PizzaEater! I just came from the other thread where we were discussing SG and I had commented that I was looking forward to seeing the results. Now I'm wishing I had some slices for a late night snack.

Thanks for the compliment!

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 11:40:25 AM »
I'm gonna try a reheat of the pizza and see how the reheat taste and melt goes.  I'll post pics and opinion of the reheat.

Offline RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 10:54:55 AM »
You tried the Belgioioso Low Moisture Whole Milk Moz?  It just is interesting because all people have had was the fresh moz.  You are the first to try the LMWM around the PMF.
No, come to think of it, I haven't had their LMWM mozz, I don't think. I guess I misspoke. But I've had their fresh mozz and other cheeses from them, and I've never been blown away with any of their stuff. I'll grab their fresh mozz every so often if there's no other better brand available, but I always blend it with some other cheese, like Monterey Jack or provolone, plus some hard grated finishing cheese. It's okay for texture, but I don't find it especially flavorful. I did once come across a 5 pound brick of their LMPS mozz, but I don't generally care for that stuff from anybody, so I didn't grab it.
If we're not questioning the reason for our existence, then what the hell are we doing here?!

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2020, 02:25:16 PM »
I have leaned to never judge an entire brand, sometimes there are gems within and stinkers.

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2020, 04:55:04 PM »
I have leaned to never judge an entire brand, sometimes there are gems within and stinkers.

My local supplier has a house brand.   It's made by Saputo and is better and cheaper than the Gold.
John

Offline RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2020, 08:25:20 PM »
I hear what youíre saying, but when a company prices themselves right up there with the best, and they consistently deliver products that I donít really care for, itís hard to keep on trying their stuff without assuming that itís probably not worth the bother. Belgoioso is a brand that I have given every opportunity through the years, and I have just never been overly impressed with any of their stuff.

Offline PizzaSean

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2020, 08:23:39 PM »
My local supplier has a house brand.   It's made by Saputo and is better and cheaper than the Gold.

That sounds great! Where does this supplier do business?

Offline colebg

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2020, 08:03:29 PM »
He didn't say it was premium gold just saputo gold but I'm not sure if there's a difference

wordpress