A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Commercial Pizza Prep Tables  (Read 432 times)

Offline Kevpoc

• I Love Pizza!
Commercial Pizza Prep Tables
« on: October 30, 2022, 04:23:48 AM »
Does anybody have a brand of commercial pizza prep table they recommend?

My current model is True which I got used and I'm not willing to spend $9k on a new one now that I know all the problems with this standard design. Iykyk.

There are a bunch of brands in the $2500-3500 range but all seem like crapshoots. Dukers is $3500 and has a 3/5 warranty but can you actually get them to honor it?

I've heard Everest at $5k stands behind their work and it's not the same Chinese junk but it still will be impossible to clean so I'll always know there's rotting junk in the air ducts.

Part of me wants to throw $13k at the Randell 8272D-290 which seems like a Delfield with a lesser warranty? I think those have sealed rails and are made to last.

The Victory and a few other brands that hit $20k+ look nice but I can't justify over $13k got a single rail. Even $13k for the convenience of a double rail is a huge ask. We are only 14 months in and while we are doing well that's the price of a new car.

Anyways if anybody can throw some words of wisdom I'd be happy to listen.

Thanks,
Kevin

Rip Tom

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Commercial Pizza Prep Tables
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 10:32:59 AM »
I have the Randell 8272D-290 at one of my locations and while its built like a tank and as high quality as it gets, beware that some of my workers can not see into the pans on the top rail.  They havent complained yet, but its something to know that could be a problem if you have a lot of employees coming and going. 

At my other location I have a very inexpensive Omcan.   It lasted 5.5 years and then had to be replaced, but I can buy three of them for the price of the Randell so it may be the better way to go.  Its like anything new these days made in china... look at it as a disposable item lol. 

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
  • HANDMADE SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 11:14:55 AM »
I have the Randell 8272D-290 at one of my locations and while its built like a tank and as high quality as it gets, beware that some of my workers can not see into the pans on the top rail.  They havent complained yet, but its something to know that could be a problem if you have a lot of employees coming and going. 

At my other location I have a very inexpensive Omcan.   It lasted 5.5 years and then had to be replaced, but I can buy three of them for the price of the Randell so it may be the better way to go.  Its like anything new these days made in china... look at it as a disposable item lol.

I was thinking of getting one of those randells when our current Randell 8260N-290 dies.  I bought it used 13 years ago and it is still working like new.  It needed a shot of freon here in Reno after about 3 years.  I was told it was due to the altitude change from Ohio.  That is the only service it has had in 13 years.  True stuff does not impress me anymore. We have a small made in China webstraunt store prep fridge for our salads, made in china, and cost $900.  It is going on 7 years and no problems. 
PURCHASE OUR HANDMADE 22 GAUGE COLD ROLLED STEEL SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
https://www.swhenterprises.com/

Offline Kevpoc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 02:30:01 AM »
Thanks for the info Scott. Do you like the cold wall technology on the rail as opposed to the regular air cooled top? Do you have to take the toppings out at night?

Quote from: scott r link=topic=76965.msg726720#msg726720date=1667140379

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 08:12:54 AM »
I am not sure I have noticed a difference.   We take everything out and clean the table every night regardless, so we dont leave them in there all night.   On occasion we have crazy huge orders for 11:00 pickup... sometimes 200 pizzas.  For those we do leave in all night after cleaning just to give the setup person less to do in the AM, and we haven't noticed a problem with either unit.

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
  • HANDMADE SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 12:19:08 PM »
Thanks for the info Scott. Do you like the cold wall technology on the rail as opposed to the regular air cooled top? Do you have to take the toppings out at night?

One good benefit about it is if the compressor goes down you can fill the rail with ice until getting it fixed.  I thought that would come in handy but it has yet to quit us :)  We also empty, clean, turn it off the rail at night. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 12:23:53 PM by waltertore »
PURCHASE OUR HANDMADE 22 GAUGE COLD ROLLED STEEL SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
https://www.swhenterprises.com/

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2022, 01:41:01 PM »
Good call Walter, yes we have had to do this!   It works great.  We even had a health inspection once when we had that going on, they temped it and it was fine.   

wordpress