A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Delaware pizza chronicles  (Read 265 times)

Offline mpcovcd

• I Love Pizza!
Delaware pizza chronicles
« on: November 02, 2022, 08:36:40 PM »
Hi All -

Starting a thread for my own pizza journey. My goal is to create my own style of Neapolitan pizza and dial in my recipe using the knowledge shared on this forum. Would love everyone's input and feedback as I embark on this process.

Offline mpcovcd

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Delaware pizza chronicles
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 08:50:23 PM »
Pies of today:

1 - Bianco di napoli tomatoes, guffanti Mozzarella di bufala Campana, calabrian chili oil, pickled serranos
2 - Garlic oil, buff mozz
3 - Bianco di napoli tomatoes, garibaldi low moisture mozz, calabrian chili oil, basil

Thoughts:
- I only had KABF on hand. I would like the pie to have that "eggshell" crispiness which it did not have I'm assuming it is the flour. I have access to Caputo Chefs Flour I will try that next.
- I need smaller dough balls or a larger peel. The pie was slightly too thick for my liking.
- I need better temperature management. My blackstone fluctuated between 700F to 800F floor temp.
- Garibaldi mozz burned faster and did not retain creaminess
- Was not impressed with the bianco di napoli tomatoes. Simply immersion blended the tomatoes, no added ingredients.

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
  • Infinite Monkey Theorem at work
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 11:41:49 PM »
Welcome to the chase to improve with each bake, to find the best of ingredients . . .  .

“Many a slip twixt cup and the lip” someone once said.

There are soooo many variables and so many differing qualities of the base ingredients. A part of the pursuit, we don’t all have access to the finest ingredients, the best oven, or, at start, the experience to make it all come together, but the pursuit is so much fun and tastes pretty good!
Enjoy!
Greg
A very patient wife! An Alfa Forni Brio for gas and wood.

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 05:55:40 AM »
Welcome to the pizza community where we communicate about pizza's!

You have certainly come to the right place to improve your pizza game to which i am a living proof!

Looking at your pies that look pretty good already, i would suggest to use less tomato sauce and ditch the Garibaldi mozzarella (assuming it is not the whole milk version in the red package) because it is no good.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T