A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: oven vendor question  (Read 231 times)

Offline Andrew t

• I am picurious
oven vendor question
« on: November 28, 2022, 06:52:48 PM »
I'm going order a new oven for my pop-up operation for next season. I got a quote from Peerless directly and they want me to go through pizzaovens.com. The price is good but they are going to stick me with $700 in shipping.

Is there a good reason to not get it from webstraunt, who will give me basically the same price and pick up the shipping?

I've never bought such a big ticket item from an on-line retailer and it makes me a little nervous.

thanks
Andrew

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
Re: oven vendor question
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 07:02:07 PM »
I haven't purchased anything over $500 from Webstaurant, but I have had no issues with them.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> Pizza Party Emizione, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline Pizza_Not_War

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 08:06:08 PM »
I'd dig into policies in the event you get a damaged or non working oven.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 09:01:06 PM »
I have had to deal with the owner of pizzaovens.com quite a bit... his name is Fash.  I really like him and I think he is a straight shooter.   He has gone above and beyond in a situation that he could have walked away from, doing nothing.   I think that is really rare in this business and after going through that and then spending time with him on other deals, I would highly suggest buying from him even if it costs a little more (in the grand scheme of things).

Offline Andrew t

• I am picurious
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 10:18:35 PM »
Thank you for the informatin. Esp. Scott, that's good to hear how an issue was handled. That goes a long way for for me.

thank you again,
Andrew

Offline woodfiredandrew

• follow your passion!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 02:01:16 PM »
I have had to deal with the owner of pizzaovens.com quite a bit... his name is Fash.  I really like him and I think he is a straight shooter.   He has gone above and beyond in a situation that he could have walked away from, doing nothing.   I think that is really rare in this business and after going through that and then spending time with him on other deals, I would highly suggest buying from him even if it costs a little more (in the grand scheme of things).

Just curious, is he the same Fash who used to work for italiforni??
People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered, love them anyway. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives, do good anyway. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable, Be honest and frank anyway. If you are successful , you will win false friends and true enemies, succeed anyway.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 02:58:44 PM »
Yes

wordpress