A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: 7 minute New York bake  (Read 23790 times)

Offline Pizzaman106

• I Love Pizza!
Re: 7 minute New York bake
« Reply #260 on: November 19, 2022, 02:39:52 AM »
Thanks.  CM has malted and un-malted T85, does it make a difference?  Why do you like T85 in your mix instead of whole wheat, spelt or other types?

The unmalted browns less and ferments slower. I use Cainspring t85 because I particularly like the flavor of the Yecora Rojo wheat.

Offline roumin

• Recovering Nerd
« Reply #261 on: November 19, 2022, 11:16:55 AM »
where do you buy Cainspring t85?
~Nick

Offline fitzgen

• No Pizza Gods, No Pizza Masters

Offline roumin

• Recovering Nerd
« Reply #263 on: November 19, 2022, 04:03:28 PM »
thanks.  I was trying to find it locally, but i guess mail order is my only option.  amazon also has it.  I ordered T85 from central milling.  this will be my first time trying T85.  The protein % for Cairnspring Mills T85 seems lower than central milling and there is no option for malted.  eventually, I'll try both and see which one I like better
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 04:07:13 PM by roumin »
~Nick

Offline junep

• Plant Harvest Cook
« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2022, 02:05:33 PM »
Baked at 620 F for 6 minutes. 63% hydration and 72 hour dough.
I love all your pies in this thread and am making copious notes! The one thing missing is the TF that you use. Could you please tell us what TF you use, especially for the earlier pies and recipe in this thread. I want to try two versions of your recipe for my home oven and my Ooni Karu 16. My home oven only goes to around 525F. And I'll modify the recipe with less sugar and oil for the Ooni Karu, and scale the size down to 14" start in the Ooni. My regular recipe has been using KA Sir Lancelot but I can't get it any more in the smaller bags. What I have available now is the Tony G's 00 artisan, and the All Trumps non bromated, and KA bread, and KA All purpose. My Sir Lancelot was my best recipe with 62% hydration, only 1% salt, 1% oil with a 72hr cold ferment using using about 0.25 IDY at 36F in my garage fridge, and baked on a 1" 15X15" Silicone Carbide kiln shelf one my lowest oven shelf with a regular pizza corderite shelf on the shelf above. I have an order coming early September of a 16X20 steel to replace that, so I'll be able to launch a bigger pie in my home oven. I love the look of your earlier pies at 60% hydration because they look so much like the N.Y. Pies I ate in the 50's an 60's in Brooklyn, N.Y. So that's the recipe I'm going to use but will just do a straight 72 hr CF. My house temp is 73F not 69 and this soon to be 83 year old body would freeze to death at that ambient temperature!  Thank you again  for all the great posts, pictures and generous sharing of information.
Conformity is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Offline Pizzaman106

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #265 on: November 26, 2022, 05:56:28 PM »
72 hour dough, 64% hydration, and 6 minute bake at 620 F.

Offline Pizzaman106

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #266 on: November 27, 2022, 02:08:24 AM »
I love all your pies in this thread and am making copious notes! The one thing missing is the TF that you use. Could you please tell us what TF you use, especially for the earlier pies and recipe in this thread. I want to try two versions of your recipe for my home oven and my Ooni Karu 16. My home oven only goes to around 525F. And I'll modify the recipe with less sugar and oil for the Ooni Karu, and scale the size down to 14" start in the Ooni. My regular recipe has been using KA Sir Lancelot but I can't get it any more in the smaller bags. What I have available now is the Tony G's 00 artisan, and the All Trumps non bromated, and KA bread, and KA All purpose. My Sir Lancelot was my best recipe with 62% hydration, only 1% salt, 1% oil with a 72hr cold ferment using using about 0.25 IDY at 36F in my garage fridge, and baked on a 1" 15X15" Silicone Carbide kiln shelf one my lowest oven shelf with a regular pizza corderite shelf on the shelf above. I have an order coming early September of a 16X20 steel to replace that, so I'll be able to launch a bigger pie in my home oven. I love the look of your earlier pies at 60% hydration because they look so much like the N.Y. Pies I ate in the 50's an 60's in Brooklyn, N.Y. So that's the recipe I'm going to use but will just do a straight 72 hr CF. My house temp is 73F not 69 and this soon to be 83 year old body would freeze to death at that ambient temperature!  Thank you again  for all the great posts, pictures and generous sharing of information.

My old thickness factor is 0.08. There is actually a work around to getting your ambient temp to the 60's without freezing.https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=18509.0 . I use TXCraig's cooler method here to ferment my doughballs during the summer months.

Offline roumin

• Recovering Nerd
« Reply #267 on: November 27, 2022, 02:51:02 AM »
Pizzaman, your pie looks amazing.  do you have pictures of your topped pizza before baking?  I am wondering how and why your cheese doesn't burn with 6 minute bake @ 620F.  I am using Grande LMWMM and it tends to burn in my home electric oven with steel at 550-580F when baking for 6+ minutes.
~Nick

Offline Travinos_Pizza

• Sono Travis. Il mio ristorante č Travino’s Pizza
    • Travino's Pizza
« Reply #268 on: November 29, 2022, 10:39:00 AM »
The latest bake.

I’d say that’s dog approved. Looks really really good!
- Travis

Offline roumin

• Recovering Nerd
« Reply #269 on: December 01, 2022, 02:18:17 AM »
I just realized that you answered my question in a prior post.   sorry... old age.  still trying to optimize my formula for a home oven
~Nick

Offline Pizzaman106

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #270 on: December 05, 2022, 06:32:49 PM »
Spinach, lemon zest, stracciatella, and tellicherry black pepper.

Offline Pizzaman106

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #271 on: December 23, 2022, 06:05:12 PM »
Tribute to Di Fara. Baked in 3.5 minutes.

Offline Cheazy E

• Make pizza. Eat pizza.
« Reply #272 on: December 23, 2022, 08:32:28 PM »
Did ‘em proud. Killer pizza!

Offline rizzler

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #273 on: December 24, 2022, 03:56:30 AM »
all these pies look unreal. great job.

the ONE thing I've consistently had trouble with in my french oven, is a brown crust. especially the corneccione. i've tried everything, and I'm ALMOST there, but they're not brown like most of yours are.

my oven gets up 520 and i'm baking on a stone on the upper 1/3 of the oven (the bottom 3rd really wasn't browning). I just might have to preheat longer, I usually go about 45min preheat (french oven are really small and warm up quick, usually after 20min, then i let sit another 25min... maybe that's not long enough)

Offline Yuvalvv

• 🍕
« Reply #274 on: December 24, 2022, 09:20:12 AM »
all these pies look unreal. great job.

the ONE thing I've consistently had trouble with in my french oven, is a brown crust. especially the corneccione. i've tried everything, and I'm ALMOST there, but they're not brown like most of yours are.

my oven gets up 520 and i'm baking on a stone on the upper 1/3 of the oven (the bottom 3rd really wasn't browning). I just might have to preheat longer, I usually go about 45min preheat (french oven are really small and warm up quick, usually after 20min, then i let sit another 25min... maybe that's not long enough)

Judging by the thread you opened, you're using 00 flour; Switching to bread flour will do the trick as 00 doesn't brown well in home oven temperatures  :)

Offline rizzler

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #275 on: December 24, 2022, 10:53:17 AM »
Judging by the thread you opened, you're using 00 flour; Switching to bread flour will do the trick as 00 doesn't brown well in home oven temperatures  :)

sage advice. will do! thanks

Offline Pizzaman106

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2023, 11:33:56 AM »
Baked at 750 F in 3.5 minutes

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #277 on: January 03, 2023, 02:41:40 PM »

I really like the look of that pizza.

I posted this in the Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update thread, but it's worth posting again here. You're consistently making some of the best looking pizza on the internet.

What oven are you using to get to 750F?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Cheazy E

• Make pizza. Eat pizza.
« Reply #278 on: January 03, 2023, 03:39:22 PM »
Gonna need that pizza party invite ASAP.

Offline 9slicePie

• Supporting Member
« Reply #279 on: January 03, 2023, 04:15:08 PM »

I'm sorry for asking this but, for that specific pie, can you please post your entire work-flow, including oven used?

wordpress